Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WiseFoolMe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
I've got a large number of CD's that are textbook supplements, and the textbook indicates which track to use by number only - i.e., "Track 73". However, the textbook publisher has named the tracks, often repetitively (Discussion Audio, Pronunciation, Language Point, etc), which makes it impossible to distinguish the tracks by name alone on the Nano screen. How can I get the track numbers for each track to display on the Nano screen, without having to change thousands of track names individually?

Labaguette

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2010
Good ol' Germany
just open the the album / compilation on the iPod, make sure shuffle ist set to "off" and play. if you tab the center button it will say something like 13 of 10938 so you know which song you're playing

regards,
Baguette

WiseFoolMe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
Ahh, I didn't explain myself well....

Thanks for the answer, but I had intended to ask if there's a way to display the track number as you scroll through the tracks? In other words, to search for a track by it's number in the album? Some of these supplementary audio albums have hundreds of short tracks, which makes it tough to guess locations easily.

steveurick

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2012
I have the same problem, and I think there is no other choice than to manually enter the track numbers as part of the track names.

Everyone, is there any other option here???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.