Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbrown5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2010
Phoenix
So I bought a bumper for my new iPhone 4 before the announcement was made to give free cases to those who bought it. So I thought, ok well I already bought the bumper, so now I'll get a free third party case. Today however I noticed that my bumper has been processed for a refund. When Steve said he'd refund people who bought the bumper, I thought that he meant he would if that's the case you choose. In other words am I no longer eligible to choose a third party case? Has my choice been made for me?

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
I believe you already made your choice when you decided to buy that particular case. Apple is refunding your purchase price, so you now have a free case. You can't keep the bumper AND get an additional case - that's two free cases.

The only way you can change your case would be if Apple allowed you to return and exchange your bumper case for another.

mbrown5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2010
Phoenix
Thanks

come to think of it I can always use the money I get back to buy whatever third party case I was going to choose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.