PDA

View Full Version : Standard Mice allergic to Panther?

sotied
Nov 15, 2004, 01:41 PM
I've got a mouse with a roller - NOT OPTICAL (yes, USB, no, not bluetooth) that seems to hate my new OS - Panther.

Is it because this mouse is afraid of panthers (shouldn't it have been equally afraid of jaguars?).

It it because it just had its third birthday or is it because the rollers wear down over time and movement.

If it helps, the mouse refuses to go up (forward). Does this mean the mouse is stuck in the past - both in design and in mind?

***I HAVE CLEANED THE BALL AND THE ROLLERS, THEY ARE PRISTINE***

Thanks,

Jeff

mslifkin
Nov 15, 2004, 01:57 PM
Hi Jeff,

You might have to take the ball out and shake all the dust bunnies out of your mouse. The same thing happened to me last week; all of the sudden the cursor refused to move forward. I took the ball out and there was a big old tumblweed of dust around one of the rollers. Once I got that out it worked fine. I'm sure it has nothing to do with Panther. That's why optical mice are so much better ... no moving parts! Good luck.

Marc

FelixDerKater
Nov 15, 2004, 02:09 PM
Take the ball out and clean off the rollers.

cluthz
Nov 15, 2004, 03:01 PM
I've used a Standard Locitech mouse (usb, and rollerball) with my G4 (running panther) and it worked great (.. as it could atleast, a four year old mouse isn't great..)

It could be that your mouce is worn out..

You can always get a new one, a decent optical usb mouse don't cost more than a few $..