Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flytiger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
Hi, folks,

I still remember that Jobs stated that if you still don't like the iphone 4 after you get the free case, you can still return them if it is within 30 days of purchase.

However, the current free case delivery estimation is around 3-5 weeks, that means, when most of the users get the free case, they already passed the 30 days grand period. Then what to do if you still don't like the phone + case or you still have "antennagate' issue on the iphone 4?

Does Jobs' statement be translated to 'screw you, cheap a**, who asked you to wait for free case? Don't hold it that way or return your iphone 4 now?'

California King

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
Yeah, you can't really find out for yourself unless you have a friend who has an iPhone 4 and bumper. The next best thing you can do is assume that it WILL fix the problem, which it most likely will, and decide if you can live with having the bumper on by looking at the pictures. I would say if the design doesn't bother you, you can safely assume it will solve the problem.

gehrbox

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2007
Charleston,SC
Hi, folks,

I still remember that Jobs stated that if you still don't like the iphone 4 after you get the free case, you can still return them if it is within 30 days of purchase.

However, the current free case delivery estimation is around 3-5 weeks, that means, when most of the users get the free case, they already passed the 30 days grand period. Then what to do if you still don't like the phone + case or you still have "antennagate' issue on the iphone 4?

Does Jobs' statement be translated to 'screw you, cheap a**, who asked you to wait for free case? Don't hold it that way or return your iphone 4 now?'

I used mine for two weeks without a case, no problems. My area is not a real strong ATT area either. I bought the bumper to protect it when I lay it down.

Autopilot638

macrumors 6502
When you get the phone, see if you have antenna issues.

If you do, get a cheap case from eBay or somewhere else to use in the interim. If that resolves the issue, great.

If a cheap case doesn't resolve the issue, maybe no case will and you might be better off returning the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.