Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tunerX

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
Is there a good aftermarket, external antenna for the iPad?

tunerX

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
So I can run it through a bulkhead and get reception inside. Otherwise I have to sit with a door open and let all the AC out. The AC is important because it keeps about 15 million worth of routers, switches, and servers cool.

I was contemplating getting a 3G repeater, but cheaper is better.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Thats just what I would suggest. If you are with AT&T then get a Microcell.

tunerX

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
That would be good if it worked in reverse. I cannot plug it into the network inside the shelter. It is a customer network so I cannot VPN back to work or watch my stocks or IM.

Is there a myfi that can use the AT&T microsim and can use an external antenna?

tunerX

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
Just a question....does your employer pay you to watch your stocks or IM?

The customer does't have any type of wifi network for guests?

Steve

My employer pays me to be a network engineer and the customer pays my employer to have me on site in case they have trouble, questions, or need to engineer a voip or r&s network. No tasks means I can do whatever I want. One of the benefits of having two masters, a CCIE, and 14 years experience in networking.

I am the only guest and I already stated that they do not allow those things on their network.

tunerX

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
I guess I will use my wireless USB modem and get a long USB cable to hang out of the bulkhead. Then I will share my wifi to the ipad.

I didn't want to tie up my laptop though. I might also get the cradlepoint CTR350 or something like it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.