PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else finding iPhone 4 uncomfortable to hold?

HXGuy
Jul 24, 2010, 10:59 AM
I love the aesthetics of the phone, it looks like a high end piece of electronics, better than anything else out there...but I'm finding when it comes to holding it, it's pretty uncomfortable. The edges dig into my hand and fingers. I'm not using a a case or bumper but ordered the free black bumper and that would def. help though Ive always hated cases.

Anyone else feel the same?

RafaelT
Jul 24, 2010, 11:02 AM
No, it's perfectly comfortable to hold.

EDIT: Not to try to pick on you or anything but I have seen it before on here where people talk about sharp edges, etc... Seriously? If your holding it hard enough that the edges of the phone dig into your had, stop squeezing it so damn hard.

Salacion
Jul 24, 2010, 11:03 AM
I love the aesthetics of the phone, it looks like a high end piece of electronics, better than anything else out there...but I'm finding when it comes to holding it, it's pretty uncomfortable. The edges dig into my hand and fingers. I'm not using a a case or bumper but ordered the free black bumper and that would def. help though Ive always hated cases.

Not at all. You must be applying some bit of pressure if its digging into your hands and fingers. Relax a little man ;)

skiltrip

I gotta say, when checking them out in the Apple store. I did a mock hold to see how it feels in the hand when up to the ear. And I gotta admit, it's much different than I'm used to. Every phone I've had before ordering this iPhone has been a non-expensive type of phone. I could manhandle all of them. I'd take them out of my pocket when I came home from work and literally toss them onto the counter sometimes. This will be a much different experience. Both in holding it, and just general treatment of the device.

Krayd2k
It's comfortable to me too

McGiord
As a bare phone I find it to be slippery and with the bumper it is a different thing. I takes some time to get use to the outer edge of the bumper but it feels more secure and less uncomfortable.

Mike84
Jul 24, 2010, 11:05 AM
It is great to hold, but odd when you realize that there is glass on both ends of the phone or even better, a considerable amount of the phone has glass.

UCLAKoolman
Jul 24, 2010, 11:07 AM
No. I love how solid it feels.

MacDawg
Jul 24, 2010, 11:07 AM
Not uncomfortable here at all... guess it is what you are used to
I agree with others, if it digs in to your hand, ease up some... too tight

ReallyBigFeet
Jul 24, 2010, 11:11 AM
I did prefer the curved back to the flat back of the older 3G/3GS. It felt smoother when holding it in your hand, particularly when playing a game or in landscape mode. But I do like how it sits flat on my car center console, desk, etc. Its different but not uncomfortable.

Moyank24
Jul 24, 2010, 11:12 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

As a bare phone I find it to be slippery and with the bumper it is a different thing. I takes some time to get use to the outer edge of the bumper but it feels more secure and less uncomfortable.

Same here. When I first got mine it seemed really slippery. I didn't want to cover it up with a case so I got the bumper as a compromise. The bumper took a little getting used to but I couldn't be happier with it now.

doboy
Jul 24, 2010, 11:25 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SGH-T959 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Exactly for me too

ReflexReact
Jul 24, 2010, 11:30 AM
I find it very uncomfortable.

I find the edges shrill, and find they cut into my hands.

It's feels much nicer with a bumper, shame it looks like **** with it on.

Still, totally agree, very uncomfortable.

HXGuy
Jul 24, 2010, 11:33 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one. The 3G my wife has feels so much better in my hand, though looks wise it looms like a bloated toy in comparison.

Chunkycat
Jul 24, 2010, 11:37 AM
Perfectly comfortable for me. And I kinda like its edges, they make it easier for me to hold on to it.:)

John T
Jul 24, 2010, 11:38 AM
Oh dear! Why, oh why do some people seem to delight about complaining about everything? If you buy a pair of shoes and they are uncomfortable because they don't fit properly, you take 'em back!

If your iPhone is hurting you, take it back and get a different one! - And stop moaning!! ;)

steve knight
Jul 24, 2010, 11:40 AM
I like the 3gs better. the bumper does help. trying to find more protection but that's rounded. hope the silicone case I ordered is better.

ntrigue
Jul 24, 2010, 11:40 AM
It would be neat if a case manufacturer included a hard gel sloping back that went on with adhesive like the Gelaskins.

AppleRules
Jul 24, 2010, 11:47 AM
Oh dear! Why, oh why do some people seem to delight about complaining about everything? If you buy a pair of shoes and they are uncomfortable because they don't fit properly, you take 'em back!

If your iPhone is hurting you, take it back and get a different one! - And stop moaning!! ;)

Oh dear! why can't people accept that the new iphone isn't perfect. If you don't like these threads then don't read them! And stop moaning!!

HXGuy
Jul 24, 2010, 11:52 AM

Actually...for the first time in 3 years (has it been 3 years since the first iPhone?) I've thought about maybe returning the iPhone and looking for something else buri really like the OS plus I have a ton of apps that I like and paid for and there isn't anything out there that seems to be better overall.

Robby C
Jul 24, 2010, 11:54 AM
I'm with you OP, I was using my friend's iPhone the other day and was a bit surprised to see how it felt in my hand. I'm thinking a case will definitely fix that for me, but who knows?

I agree though, it is a little "Rough Around the Edges" (reference for you Dane Cook fans out there).

ucfgrad93
Jul 24, 2010, 12:55 PM
Not uncomfortable to me.

Built
Jul 24, 2010, 01:18 PM
I have to agree with the others. Holding it is not a problem, and, in fact, much more comfortable for me than my old 3G.

daneoni
Jul 24, 2010, 01:23 PM
I do...the 3G/3GS were infinitely more comfortable to hold. The stainless steel has a tendency to dig into my skin, glass can be slippery and its overall just not 'organic' to hold like its predecessor

XJ13sd
Jul 24, 2010, 01:24 PM
Much better than before. Gave my 3GS to my mother in law, held it the other day. Ip4 is much nicer to hold smoother feeling the poor 3GS felt bulky and outdated the plastic back now felt cheap. Love my naked ip4 and how it feels.

I guess it's personal opinion but if I felt like my phone was digging into my skin, I wouldn't keep it just to be like look at my ip4, I am so cool, friend: can I see it. No I don't like holding it it hurts my hand. Que tears.

MacDawg
Jul 24, 2010, 01:26 PM
It does have a different feel from the 3Gs (which was also slippery) but for the life of me I can't understand the comments about it digging into the skin, etc. I just picked mine up and gave it a good death grip and still no issues with digging, cutting, or even being "uncomfortable".

-MRB
Jul 24, 2010, 01:29 PM
It can get quite uncomfortable.

Especially when texting in bed :P

Savor
Jul 24, 2010, 01:51 PM
It is the main reason why I got a bumper. Not for the antenna issues. Didn't like the feel of the edges and it felt slippery.

Beautiful phone though, but not the most comfortable phone to hold.

hchavarria
Jul 24, 2010, 01:56 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I text/email a lot and I don't find it uncomfortable. I think the 3GS had a more natural feel but this isn't bad at all.

firewood
Jul 24, 2010, 02:16 PM
I think it looks a lot nicer without the bumper, but it feels better in the hand with the bumper on, especially if I'm holding it for long periods of time.

NickRno77
Jul 24, 2010, 02:25 PM
Feels very slippery that's why I have a semi hard case.

petvas
Jul 24, 2010, 02:28 PM
Actually I love the way the iphone 4 design. Holding it in my hand feels great, better than any other phone I ever had. This is the best phone ever.

ReallyBigFeet
Jul 24, 2010, 02:45 PM

I'm so sick of the whiners like you, bitching about other peoples complaints or criticisms. Why don't you go over to the Rainbows and Unicorns forums and fondle a CareBear or something?

chembox
Jul 24, 2010, 02:50 PM
At first, holding the iPhone was sharp and uncomfortable, but the feeling grows on you, and you get used to it.

vant
Jul 24, 2010, 03:11 PM
I prefer the 3G/3GS in terms of comfort. But the looks of the 4 easily surpass the others.

nooaah
Jul 24, 2010, 03:14 PM
No, it's perfectly comfortable to hold.

EDIT: Not to try to pick on you or anything but I have seen it before on here where people talk about sharp edges, etc... Seriously? If your holding it hard enough that the edges of the phone dig into your had, stop squeezing it so damn hard.
I tell my girlfriend that all the time. :rolleyes:

BlondeBuddhist
Jul 24, 2010, 04:07 PM
Who uses their iphone to make calls anyway?

F123D
Jul 24, 2010, 04:12 PM
The phone isn't uncomfortable to hold but for me it feels delicate because of the glass. I've put a feather case on it and it feels a lot better. The grippiness helps a lot.

Chunkycat
Jul 24, 2010, 04:12 PM
please delete

Chunkycat
Jul 24, 2010, 04:18 PM
Who uses their iphone to make calls anyway?

Um, I do... :confused:

The phone isn't uncomfortable to hold but for me it feels delicate because of the glass. I've put a feather case on it and it feels a lot better. The grippiness helps a lot.

I agree, it does feel delicate. When I picked it up at AT&T, I got a case on it right away. :)
And now it's dressed up in a green decal wrap and Zagg screen protector. Feels good!

mad-dog-one
Jul 24, 2010, 04:19 PM
I'll give up my iPhone 4 when they pry it out of my cold dead hand. That's gotta hurt. ;)

Roofy.
Jul 24, 2010, 04:58 PM
I had to get used to it when I first got it. With a case it better though. I do enjoy playing real racing on it more than the 3G S. Other than that, my old one was more comfortable.

But the ip4 is alot nicer and feels more solid, so I'll take that over comfort any day.

rans0m00
Jul 24, 2010, 05:01 PM
I find it decently comfortable to hold... I tend to hold it from the bottom area or on my shoulder with no comfort issues... Have seen a lot holding it more towards the top by the volume buttons and tried that because of the reception issue for me and that was uncomfortable...

xraydoc
Jul 24, 2010, 06:29 PM
I prefer it to the 3G/GS form factor. Almost as perfect as the original iPhone.

Blorzoga
Jul 24, 2010, 06:35 PM
No

Russiaone
Jul 24, 2010, 07:26 PM
I honestly cannot see myself using my iPhone 4 without a case. Not because it feels fragile, but because it just doesn't feel "right."

ellelittle
Jul 24, 2010, 07:28 PM
I don't find it uncomfortable but I'm coming from the 2g and they have similar backs.

pasipple
Jul 24, 2010, 07:34 PM
It's perfect....

woodekm
Jul 24, 2010, 09:05 PM
Digs into your hand??.................

You gotta be fu&% kidding me.

Doju
Sep 1, 2010, 07:43 AM
I'm sort of finding it digs into my hand too. I've ordered a black bumpers so hopefully that will help.

For those wondering what we're talking about, see the pictures below. Simply put, it's a somewhat sharp edge pressing against your finger(s) instead of a blunt, rounded edge. This is why the end of butter knives are normally rounded off, and you hold that part, instead of the blade.

Hope these pictures will help:

iPhone 3GS:
http://grab.by/6b9N

iPhone 4:
http://grab.by/6b9O

I'm just annoyed because the phone is incredible, but this part alone is ruining it for me. It blows my 3GS out of the water in every other way. Personally, I would have been pleased if Apple just rounded the back off, even if it would be as thick as the 3GS.

Grayburn
Sep 1, 2010, 07:57 AM
It is the main reason why I got a bumper. Not for the antenna issues. Didn't like the feel of the edges and it felt slippery.

Beautiful phone though, but not the most comfortable phone to hold.

Same here, i think the bumper makes it look better as well as making it feel better in the hand.

It feels too fragile without it now.

840quadra
Sep 1, 2010, 08:26 AM
I really like it coming from an iPod touch 2nd generation. I constantly dropped that thing on tabletops while trying to plug in headphones and other items. The iPhone 4 (granted is thicker) is much easier to grip.

nburwell
Sep 1, 2010, 09:58 AM
I found that I have a tendency to place my left index finger on edge of the phone rather that on the back glass. So when I'm on the phone for awhile, it digs into my finger. So I simply alter the way I hold the phone when I'm actually talking to someone on the phone. Otherwise, the phone feels quite comfortable in my hands no matter if I'm on Facebook, Twitter, texting or on the phone.

Jordan921
Sep 1, 2010, 10:22 AM
How tight are you guys holding the phone for it to dig into your hand and fingers?

Doju
Sep 1, 2010, 10:24 AM
How tight are you guys holding the phone for it to dig into your hand and fingers?It's not tightness, it just adds up after awhile.

miki66
Sep 1, 2010, 10:59 AM
personally, i think the 3g/3gs are more comfortable to be hold as the back is curve.

phillipjfry
Sep 1, 2010, 11:02 AM
i find the opening of the bumper a little sharp. it becomes uncomfortable to prop up the iphone with my pinky as the edges of the ipod connector hole seems to dig in a little, wish it was just a little more rounded but i''ll figure out a way to file it down later :eek:

PNutts
Sep 5, 2010, 12:53 AM
It's not tightness, it just adds up after awhile.

+1

marksman
Sep 5, 2010, 12:56 AM
OP,

Is your skin translucent? Perhaps you are very sensitive or something to have the phone digging into your skin?

Jkazmeyer
Sep 5, 2010, 03:45 AM
It can get kinda tiresome to hold to your ear for an extended period, but so does every phone. Use a headset, or Bluetooth... It's the most solid gadget I've ever held in my hand. It feels, heavy, strong, and very delicate at the same time. I totally love how it feels, but I could see how some people find it uncomfortable to hold. I just hope they don't stray next year, due to the antenna stuff. My phone is naked from day 1, feels great, & has no reception issues. I know I'm not special, I didn't get the only phone that works.

McBeats
Sep 5, 2010, 04:02 AM
honestly I thought it was gonna kinda suck to hold it....

It really isn't bad at all, love the way this feels in my hand.

Savor
Sep 5, 2010, 04:07 AM
It has become much more comfortable to hold with my free Speck PixelSkin HD case on. I don't have to worry about touching the back or rough edges of the bumper.

TBH, iPhone has never been the most comfortable phones to hold. A bit too wide for my taste including the 3G/3GS. Like holding an iPod against my ear, The 2G is slippery naked. The 4 is even more slippery and rough around the edges. It is like all the Nintendo DS models. Too rectangular or small and not as comfortable to play like a PSP with the wider width and rounder edges.

I would have to go back to one of my old flip phones or candybar phones with a thinner width if I want to find the most comfortable phone to hold. I do like the teflon feeling on the back of the BB Storm and Nexus One.

intervenient
Sep 5, 2010, 04:09 AM
It was horrible at first, but it's progressively getting better.

theautopilot
Sep 5, 2010, 04:53 AM

I completely agree. The 4 looks a lot nicer, but the 3GS was much nicer to hold. It's one of the main reasons i use a case.

Amino Man
Sep 5, 2010, 10:42 AM
When I'm texting, I gently hold the back with my fingers to prop it upright and stabilize the bottom with my pinkies. After a while, my pinkies get irritated from the sharp edges around the phone. It's definitely not as comfortable as the previous iPhones. It's almost like taking the iPhone 3G screen out and just holding that.

damnyooneek
Sep 5, 2010, 10:58 AM
its uncomfortable to hold only because i have to hold it with my tip of my fingers to keep my calls from being dropped.

bri1212
Sep 5, 2010, 12:32 PM
First I am not going to say that anyone complaining about the iphone is wrong, but it's uncomfortable to hold? I can't agree about that. It is fine. I have a regular case ( Not bumper case ) and holding it is fine. I have never used it without a case. I bought a 600.00 phone and wanted it protected from the start. My only complaint with the iphone, is that because it's edges are squared it is harder to get out of my pocket.

theautopilot
Sep 5, 2010, 04:50 PM
Maybe 'uncomfortable' is the wrong word, but it's certainly not nice IMO. The 3 GS just melted into my hand.

Amino Man
Sep 5, 2010, 06:27 PM
Maybe 'uncomfortable' is the wrong word, but it's certainly not nice IMO. The 3 GS just melted into my hand.

I agree. The soft edges of the previous iPhones felt a lot better. This isn't like the iMac where you never have to touch it. It's a freakin' phone! It's meant to be held when you're using it!

Mochi Hana
Sep 5, 2010, 06:32 PM
It feels much more comfortable than the 3Gs in my hand. ^_^

m3coolpix
Sep 5, 2010, 07:12 PM
I don't mind the feel of the i4.

Was very used to the curved back of the 3G/3Gs though. So much so that for about the first hour I played with the i4 (just got it 3 days ago) it seemed like the back glass was actually curved inward.

Savor
Sep 5, 2010, 09:14 PM
I completely agree. The 4 looks a lot nicer, but the 3GS was much nicer to hold. It's one of the main reasons i use a case. Exactly how I feel about it.

Love the look and it feels like an expensive piece of technology, but not the most comfortable to hold after awhile like the curvy iPhone 3's. I am not really a "case guy." I don't mind them, but prefer to sport my phones naked. But the iPhone 4 is one of those rare exceptions where I feel I need one. Having a case is perfectly catered for it. Not just for Antennagate call issues, but also for the sharper corners and slippery nature from the glass materials.

I love the Apple Bumper the first time I got it. I loved the look. After six weeks, it also started to feel uncomfortable to hold after awhile. Speck case gave me back the comfort. I suggest to anyone who wants comfort to not get a bumper and just protect the back completely. Less glass to clean and easier to palm. The fact the bumper leaves stains is also a big turn-off.

Irish Rose
Sep 5, 2010, 09:47 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Not at all. Those who find it uncomfortable should try using it with a soft case, and see if that helps.

Statusnone88
Sep 6, 2010, 02:47 AM
No.

JaxPlanet
Dec 2, 2010, 10:33 AM

Yes. The 3G/S was designed to support the shape of the human hand and the 4 was not. It is a simple matter of ergonomics. The "different" feel is the effort that your mind and body is making to compensate for holding such an alien shape. Some people will get past this difference and some will hate it.

I honestly think the only ones that are going to get past it are people that have never had a 3GS iPhone. If the 4 was my first iPhone I could probably get over the discomfort for all of the great features. I might even call anyone who said it was uncomfortable a sissy...just kidding :)

Think about it, what would it take for you to start using a square computer mouse or a square coffee cup. Everyone has their price...

Personally, I switched to the 4 from the 3GS last week and I haven't found a single new feature that is worth the discomfort of holding this unimaginative brick. Thankfully, I can still return my 4 to the store and go back to my 3GS so that is what I am going to do.

JD914
Dec 2, 2010, 11:17 AM
To the lemmings that say its not uncomfortable, do you use a case? If not what do you do to keep the sharp upper edge from digging into your ear?:rolleyes:

d0r1en0
Dec 2, 2010, 11:21 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Otterbox defender.

i3igsmooth5769
Dec 2, 2010, 11:22 AM
Switcheasy trim....actually that just makes it even more uncomfortable to hold.

bid2ask77
Dec 2, 2010, 11:22 AM
I think the size and shape are just right to hold.

yanr
Dec 2, 2010, 11:25 AM
I loved how they squared things off with the iPhone 4. Makes the phone look very sleek and professional (imo). No difficulty at all holding on to it with the Bumper on, though the bumper has some other annoyances (plugging things in...)

Sedrick
Dec 2, 2010, 11:44 AM
Anyone notice how the iP4 has almost the exact form factor as the old Motorolla Qs? (I've got one)

Put me off from buying the iP4. This hardly seems like a new design.

http://cdn.phonemag.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/alltel_motorola_q9c_1.jpg

Interstella5555
Dec 2, 2010, 11:46 AM
To the lemmings that say its not uncomfortable, do you use a case? If not what do you do to keep the sharp upper edge from digging into your ear?:rolleyes:

I'm not sure how I'm a "lemming" for not using a case, the phone takes some getting used to, but it's perfectly comfortable to hold. I also hold the phone next to my ear, I don't try and insert it in there. How do you hold your phone so it digs into your ear?

wirelessmacuser
Dec 2, 2010, 11:49 AM
Comfortable or Uncomfortable, the sooner Apple replaces this poor example of their work the better.

Don't get me wrong, I really like most of what Apple creates, but this phone & the CEO's condescending attitude need to be history.

The sooner the better. I'm ready to allow them a fresh start.

Time to get back on track Apple. It'll do you good.

JD914
Dec 2, 2010, 12:10 PM
Comfortable or Uncomfortable, the sooner Apple replaces this poor example of their work the better.

Don't get me wrong, I really like most of what Apple creates, but this phone & the CEO's condescending attitude need to be history.

I agree, this time around, looks took priority over durability and function. From it's poor antenna design, extremely fragile back glass and sharp uncomfortable stainless steel and glass edges iP4 is a design failure weather you agree or not.

JD914
Dec 2, 2010, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure how I'm a "lemming" for not using a case, the phone takes some getting used to, but it's perfectly comfortable to hold. I also hold the phone next to my ear, I don't try and insert it in there. How do you hold your phone so it digs into your ear?

If it "takes some time to getting used to" then it's a flawed device.

Mliii
Dec 2, 2010, 12:15 PM
iP4 is a design failure weather you agree or not.

LOL...Ok, I don't agree.
And thanks for making it clear that my opinion is so valuable to you "weather" I like it or not!

JASApplications
Dec 2, 2010, 12:22 PM

Check this thread out if you want a case to make your i4 feel like a 3G[s] http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1017823&highlight=iphone+feel+like+3gs

Pez555
Dec 2, 2010, 12:32 PM

back on track?

they are doing better than they ever have done in history, not sure what you mean?

how anyone can say the iPhone 4 is a failure just shows how much they know.....nothing.

Interstella5555
Dec 2, 2010, 12:41 PM

Really? Just like the original iPhone took some getting used to? Add, by your reasoning, the Wii, original iPod, iPhone, OS X, and pretty much any new tech is flawed? Love your reasoning there buddy, care to try some more?

topmounter
Dec 3, 2010, 10:07 AM
The first time I picked up an iP4 at the Apple Store I knew a case was a must-have, I can't imagine holding on to it otherwise. Since dropping and destroying my 2G, I've always used a case on my 3G and Nexus One, so I was planning on using one anyway.

OldSchoolMacGuy
Dec 3, 2010, 05:32 PM
I don't have any issues holding my iPhone 4 and I don't have a case (just a Bodyguardz).

samh
Dec 3, 2010, 05:46 PM
I don't have any issues holding my iPhone 4 and I don't have a case (just a Bodyguardz).

No case for me, no problems for me. It's my first iPhone, but I've used others before. Prefer the 4 by far.

TonyC28
Dec 3, 2010, 06:19 PM

I gotta disagree with you there. I had a bumper on mine up until a few weeks ago. It felt a little different at first but now I've gotten used to it. Just because it takes some getting used to doesn't make it flawed.

mrochester
Dec 4, 2010, 01:48 AM
I've just recently held the iPhone 3G again and it's so much more comfortable to hold than the 4. Even though I like how the 4 lies flat on a desk without wobbling, I think the compromise on comfort when holding and using the device is a step too far.

Mawal
Dec 4, 2010, 02:08 AM
The Iphone 4 looks really good. As for holding it, it is disappointingly uncomfortable...I guess that is the typical "form over function" flaw Apple is prone to...

adztaylor
Dec 4, 2010, 02:10 AM
For me the phone is extremely slippery naked, I use the bumper (not because of any antenna issues) just because it feels better in the hand and more rounded.

Mabyboi
Dec 4, 2010, 08:41 AM
I love the feel of my iphone 4... i dont know what you're doing to make it uncomfortable for you...?

mrochester
Dec 4, 2010, 11:44 AM
I love the feel of my iphone 4... i dont know what you're doing to make it uncomfortable for you...?

I don't think people are doing anything to make it uncomfortable, it's just not as comfortable to hold or use as the previous iPhones were.

Tom G.
Dec 4, 2010, 11:55 AM
Mine feels just fine. It is of course always in a case, mostly an Otterbox Defender, it is after all made mostly of glass.

To Poster #76,

I don't jam it in my ear. I don't remember ever jamming any phone, land line or cell phone in my ear in all of my 66 years. That would be painful.