Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tucker3434

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
It would be a nice surprise if one showed up on my doorstep in september. Also, can you listen to fm radio on the current touch?

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
It would be a nice surprise if one showed up on my doorstep in september. Also, can you listen to fm radio on the current touch?
I guess its possible.

There are FM transmitters and apps that run through wifi that give you FM radio.

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008

No (to both questions). You can stream internet radio, but not FM radio. Some FM stations also have an online stream.

ryan0402

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
believe it or not if u hold your ipod upside down u get better wifi strength no joke

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
believe it or not if u hold your ipod upside down u get better wifi strength no joke

What does that have to do with anything in this thread? believe it or not if u sit upside down your brain gets more blood no joke (and then you can use your iPod with über signal strength)

There are companies that make add-on hardware for the iPod Touch that receive FM radio, but the Touch can't do it natively.

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
Pre-Orders generally aren't available for iPods. As a matter of fact, I don't think there has ever been a Pre-Order program for an iPod.

That would be pretty cool though, I'd sign myself up for a 64GB 4th gen. :cool:

tucker3434

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Because I need an iPod, and its guaranteed to be better than the third gen, which is really all I need anyway.

Yep, and it would also keep me from buying a current gen on a whim. I desperately need a new ipod, but I'd love for it to be the next gen.

Outrun1986

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
I don't think you can preorder iPods, besides I wouldn't preorder something that I don't know what it is because it could turn out to be an overpriced 4th gen with not enough new features to be concerned about. Though that is highly highly unlikely its still the risk you take when you preorder.

I also have a ton of giftcards, and a $100 office depot one on the way so I have to buy from the corresponding retailer in order to use my gift cards. Hopefully Office
depot will stock the new iPods.

Also I want to wait a week or 2 or so to see if the new touch has any drastic problems.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
I don't think you can preorder iPods, besides I wouldn't preorder something that I don't know what it is because it could turn out to be an overpriced 4th gen with not enough new features to be concerned about. Though that is highly highly unlikely its still the risk you take when you preorder.

I also have a ton of giftcards, and a $100 office depot one on the way so I have to buy from the corresponding retailer in order to use my gift cards. Hopefully Office
depot will stock the new iPods.

Also I want to wait a week or 2 or so to see if the new touch has any drastic problems.
I just trade gift cards to family/friends for cash if i wont be shopping at that particular store.

Thats what ive been saying.

iMac0765

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010

1. Never in the history of iPod's has there been a pre-order option. (Pre-order as in, order before the thing hits stores)

2. No.

Future Shop pre-order doesn't count because the iPod already came out in Apple Stores, just not certified retail yet.

lbro

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2009
1. Never in the history of iPod's has there been a pre-order option. (Pre-order as in, order before the thing hits stores)

2. No.

Future Shop pre-order doesn't count because the iPod already came out in Apple Stores, just not certified retail yet.

+1
You can't pre-order anything before Apple has officially announced it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.