Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LAS22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
Got this in the mail today and went ahead and slapped it on.

The cutout are spot-on and though it's close, it doesn't effect the front facing camera. Also, I don't appear to have the blemishes about the cutouts like some are reporting.

For those familiar or have experiences with the Power Support Anti Glare film, you believe these where the same.

Overall "I" am satisfied. You do lose a slight bit of clarity, but "I" prefer the anti-glare properties and the smooth textured feel of this type of film.

I was waiting for Power Support's version, but guess I don't need to now.

Attachments

• SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (1).jpg
    SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (1).jpg
    673.2 KB · Views: 182
  • SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (2).jpg
    SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (2).jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 170
  • SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (3).jpg
    SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (3).jpg
    435.2 KB · Views: 185
  • SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (4).jpg
    SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (4).jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 161
  • SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (5).jpg
    SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (5).jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 160

LAS22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
more:

Attachments

• SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (10).JPG
    SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (10).JPG
    367.8 KB · Views: 145
  • SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (9).JPG
    SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (9).JPG
    379.9 KB · Views: 172
  • SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (8).JPG
    SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (8).JPG
    469.2 KB · Views: 267
  • SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (7).JPG
    SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (7).JPG
    461.6 KB · Views: 207
  • SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (6).jpg
    SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (6).jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 161

LAS22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
last ones:
*note: SGP on the left, nothing installed on the right.

Attachments

• SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (11).JPG
    SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (11).JPG
    511.2 KB · Views: 393
  • SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (12).JPG
    SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (12).JPG
    495.6 KB · Views: 241
  • SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (13).JPG
    SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (13).JPG
    362.3 KB · Views: 301
  • SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (14).jpg
    SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (14).jpg
    417 KB · Views: 180
  • SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (15).jpg
    SGP Anti Fingerprint Glare (15).jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 210

nelly41

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2009
Los Angeles
Looks really good man. Thanks for the pics and comparisons. A lot of us didn't want to affect the clarity (myself included). But I think a lil sacrifice like what this shows doesn't hurt it at much as i thought it would. I'm kinda regreting not getting the anti glare instead of the oleo.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I had that film before and replaced it with Oleophobic because I want to maximize using the retina display. Both are great screen protectors IMHO, just a matter of personal preference.

StuLax18

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2010
Dallas, TX
I ran the PS similar one on my 3G and loved the anti-glare and anti-fingerprint properties. However, it takes away too much from the screen for me on the iPhone4. Looking at my 3G now kinda hurts my eyes. As long as you like it, that's all that matters.

erure

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
I got the same screen protector but imo you lose a lot of clarity. I used an antiglare screen protector for the iPhone 3GS as well but I'm thinking hard about replacing the screen protector because I feel like I'm losing too much of the retina display just to have a matte screen. I installed it last night and already I'm considering switching it...

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
I was VERY impressed with it at first but within a day or two i had a scratch going right across the screen. Right now its been about 10 days since i got it and it looks as bad as my Zagg did after 3 months! I guess the self healing properties of the zagg and others alike really do work, this SGP Oleo just seems to love to show its scars

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
I was VERY impressed with it at first but within a day or two i had a scratch going right across the screen. Right now its been about 10 days since i got it and it looks as bad as my Zagg did after 3 months! I guess the self healing properties of the zagg and others alike really do work, this SGP Oleo just seems to love to show its scars
As long as the iP4's not getting scratched.

ludawg23

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010
Looks nicely cut and clean but it's grainy...takes away from the retina screen.

I'd rather have finger prints (which can be easily whipped off) and a clear screen than a grainy one and no finger prints. My personal preference of course...

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I am conflicted...

I used these on my 3G and 3GS and loved them. Reduced glare, felt nice (like paper), and almost no FPs.

BUT, the iP4 has such a beautiful screen, I do not want to reduce the clarity. I may have to get one when I get fed up with the glare.

I did get one of their Oleophobic covers, but have not yet installed it. I am a little chicken, for one, since installation can be challenging. Also, I have seen some negative comments such as FPs not coming off, etc.

Will wait and see...

Matt-ATC

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2010
Did it come with a back screen protector?? I cannot tell from the pictures.

Also, could you post a link where you purchased it?

Thanks and it looks great!!

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Did it come with a back screen protector?? I cannot tell from the pictures.

Also, could you post a link where you purchased it?

Thanks and it looks great!!

It doesn't come with a back protector. Only 2 screen protectors, a microfiber cloth and a squeegee.

You can buy one at sgpstore.com

thesumokid

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
looks good i got the other sgp antiglare SP they had but i dont c it anymore on their site. mine was called the sgp ultra antiglare for 13.99.

bleighv

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
California
Good post, I bought this same SS but I'm still a little curious with PS's and the whole "HD" thing they got going on. We shall have to wait and see.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
I'm very happy with these. Like the person above who ordered, mine came with two front films only, the microfiber cloth and the little squeegee.

Of course they do change the appearance of the screen just a bit but it's not bad at all. I would rather not have fingerprints and a screen that looks a tiny bit grainy then have it covered in fingerprints all the time. As you can see in the picture on the right, the screen still looks good. I have a bumper on my phone that also arrived Thursday free from Apple.

I ordered mine very early Monday morning and they were in my mailbox Thursday afternoon. I paid for the 2-3 day shipping, they shipped out on Tuesday.

Attachments

• photo-5.jpg
    photo-5.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 131
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 160

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Spacekittl, has the bumper peeled up your screen shield in the corners or edges at all

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
Nice! Thanks for sharing. I think I'll be picking up one of these. Good job with the application. Not a flaw noticeable!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.