Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Haberdasher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
I was just looking at Apple's site, and I confirmed what I had heard earlier about another monitor and processor rebate bundle. It's the same as the "Crystal Clear Savings" thingy they did before they released the dualie 1.2 Gigs.

Is Apple trying to clear stock for a new monitor/computer, or have they just discovered a very easy way to sell many more PMG4s?

What are your thoughts?

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
I think it's a combination of both. I HOPE that they're doing it to clear display stock. I'm holding out for a 19", however long that takes.

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
I don't care what they're doing for, as long as I get my £150 off. I was wondering, do you have to buy both the computer and screen from apple or can I buy it online somewhere else?

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by Haberdasher
I was just looking at Apple's site, and I confirmed what I had heard earlier about another monitor and processor rebate bundle. It's the same as the "Crystal Clear Savings" thingy they did before they released the dualie 1.2 Gigs.

Wrong. The new PM+display promo is called "Dual Offer" and is definitely targeted towards clearing their display inventory.

Previous promo:
800+any display (not including the 15"): $300 off
933+any display: $400 off
1.0 dual+any display: $500 off

New promo:
any PM + 17"/22": $200
any PM + 23": $500
Plus you can buy as many displays as you want, e.g. buy one PM and get ten 17" displays each at $200 off.

link to [url]www.apple.com/promo[/URL]

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Maybe the fact that you get a discount on each moniter is to promote getting more then one moniter.
The new dual processor Power Mac G4 features leading edge graphics processors from ATI and NVIDIA, with dual display support across the line.
I think they are both trying to get invintory cleared and trying to get people to get more then 1 moniter per PMac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.