Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toadsworth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Does anyone have an estimate of when power support films will be available at apple stores?

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I'm wondering the same thing. The website says that they're starting to ship orders today, so I would think that they'd end up in stores within a couple of weeks. Hopefully, my order ships today.

Pared

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Apple won't be stocking screen protectors in stores anymore. There was a huge article on this.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Apple won't be stocking screen protectors in stores anymore. There was a huge article on this.

Was there a reason given? It's not a big deal since they're widely available elsewhere but I'd be curious to know why they won't be stocking them anymore. We all know the screen isn't scratch-proof, so I don't understand why they won't carry protectors.

Pared

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
It was something like they believe it makes their screens look of lesser quality than they really are or something similar.

It was about customer perception more than anything. Selling shields indicates they need protection.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I didn't even notice that the OP said Apple stores. They will surely show up in places like Best Buy in a matter of weeks.

robby818

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007

I read the same, but the Pasadena Apple store still sells the PowerSupport for ipod touch. I learned about PowerSupport from the Apple store so if they lose their placement in the stores that would be too bad.

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
I read the same, but the Pasadena Apple store still sells the PowerSupport for ipod touch. I learned about PowerSupport from the Apple store so if they lose their placement in the stores that would be too bad.

I think Apple is not selling screen protectors for the new devices, starting with the iPad. Something about their screens are so great they don't need protection (right).

mr21

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2009
Got Mine Today

I picked one up at the Burbank Power Support store. I paid an extra $2 to have them put it on my phone and it looks GREAT ! very pleased, I was using the SGP Ultra Crystal which is not bad at all.IMO there is a difference. :D

automatickyle

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2007
Montana
I picked one up at the Burbank Power Support store. I paid an extra $2 to have them put it on my phone and it looks GREAT ! very pleased, I was using the SGP Ultra Crystal which is not bad at all.IMO there is a difference. :D

Could you put some pics up for everyone? Thanks.

ddavid

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2008
I asked about this recently and was told that was incorrect. I also noticed PS films for 3Gs and touch in stock...

Branskins

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
I asked about this recently and was told that was incorrect. I also noticed PS films for 3Gs and touch in stock...

They still carry ones for the 3G and 3GS, but everyone keeps saying that they won't sell ones for any later products. Probably marketing to show that their screens don't need them?

Either way, I beg to differ, so I ordered mine online!

I would also love to see pictures of them! I hope mine comes tomorrow or Thursday!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.