PDA

View Full Version : netflix failing?

pesos
Jul 26, 2010, 04:38 PM
netflix app doesn't seem to be working anymore... no matter what I try to watch, it brings up the little "preparing" square, then the red screeen shows up for a split second as if it's going to start streaming then it pops back to whatever page i was last on and acts as if nothing has happened. Tried it now on the plane, in the hotel, and now on the train - same behavior...

Any ideas?
thanks,
Wes

The Catalyst
Jul 26, 2010, 05:17 PM
Netflix app has been working perfectly fine for me. No video stutters or anything. Are you trying to use it over at/t network, or wifi? If wifi, are you using a G network or N?

pesos
Jul 26, 2010, 05:21 PM
Wifi. Latency is a bit high of course on the plane and train (and even at the hotel compared to my home) but the app really should be giving some kind of feedback, and not just stopping immediately upon trying to start playback.

leons
Jul 26, 2010, 05:53 PM
Restart (power off then on) your iPad and reinstall the Netflix app.

pesos
Jul 26, 2010, 06:00 PM
have rebooted but haven't tried reinstalling the app - thanks!

AppleKash
Jul 31, 2010, 05:45 AM
have rebooted but haven't tried reinstalling the app - thanks!

Yeah, I had the same problem. However, I did reboot and it worked. I assume reinstalling should work.. Rebooting seems to fix most problems with the iPad.

pesos
Jul 31, 2010, 11:28 AM
sure, like any computer rebooting is usually a cure-all. but wasn't the case this time. I think the latency on these crappy connections was just too high and netflix was dropping it without throwing an error. once I got somewhere with a decent low-latency connection it started working fine without having to reload the app...

ksmith80209
Jul 31, 2010, 12:02 PM
Go to the main iPhone settings & then Netflix and click the reset button. That should do it.