PDA

View Full Version : WTB Dual G4 500 MHz machine no monitor/keyboard/mice needed

stepbasin
Nov 17, 2004, 08:10 AM
I am looking for an early Christmas present for my soon to be father in law and was wondering if there was anyone out there who might have a system for sale. I am a college student so I can't afford much but what I am looking for is a system that he can do some video editing on. So, what I am looking for is (ideally) a Dual G4 running at somewhere between 450 and 550 MHz. Anything lower is too slow and anything higher rapidly shoots out of my price range. It would need at least 512 megs of RAM and a harddrive no smaller than say 30 gigs. I already have a keyboard, trackball and monitor so that is not a problem. Anyway, if there are any sellers out there please let me know. Oh, and I am also looking for a used copy of Final Cut (express or pro) and/or Adobe Premeir. Please help me find a system if you can. Thanks for the help.

umgolfer
Nov 17, 2004, 01:55 PM
I know you are looking at getting a Dual 450, but if you decide you want a single 450 with 1GB of RAM, 130 GB HD PM me. (It's the computer in my sig.) I am looking to get $450 (includes shipping ~$40). Thanks.

stepbasin
Nov 17, 2004, 02:25 PM
Have you ever done any video editing on it? Because I want to know if it can handle something like Final Cut Pro.

umgolfer
Nov 17, 2004, 02:46 PM
The only editing I have done with it was using iMovie. It worked fine for it. When I did the editing I only had 256MB of RAM and it was fine, although slow. Since I upgraded the RAM it is much speedier and it seems to be happier overall. :) Regardless of what you get, don't underestimate the value of RAM (not only since it went up in price for PC133, but in performance) ....that is the one thing that I really need to get for my new machine. BTW, I sent you a PM about your PM.

Jason