PDA

View Full Version : Amazing PowerBook G4 roaring (again)

cyberone
Jul 27, 2010, 04:26 AM
Well, not really roaring, but since I deleted the old admin set up five years ago and installed a new admin and re-installed all the necessary basic software - since then my old trusted PowerBook G4 17" 1.67 is as fast again as new (on OS 10.5.8).

Cleans away all the unnecessary rubbish accumulated over the years.

So if you love your old PowerBook, set up a new admin, get rid of the old one - and enjoy your new PB.

blunderboy
Jul 27, 2010, 04:28 AM
Shouldn't this be in the PowerBook forum? Good news, certainly, but there's a separate forum for PowerPC Macs. :)

Burnincoco
Jul 27, 2010, 04:57 AM
I hope I never sold my Cube, it would look so cool on my desk right now.

Shouldn't this be in the PowerBook forum? Good news, certainly, but there's a separate forum for PowerPC Macs. :)

I do believe that an old mac still falls under the category of "Apple Hardware"
Why post at all if all you're gonna do is spoil the thread starter's post.

I Hate You Thread Police, I Hate You All.

Reelknead1
Jul 27, 2010, 08:14 AM
I'm still rocking my 17" PPC 1.5ghz. Its perfect for me until I get my new macbook pro in the mail Thursday.

666sheep
Jul 27, 2010, 01:32 PM
So if you love your old PowerBook, set up a new admin, get rid of the old one - and enjoy your new PB.

If you really love your PB - give it SSD :p It will fly.

thejadedmonkey
Jul 27, 2010, 02:16 PM
If you really love your PB - give it SSD :p It will fly.

I'd love a 12" Powerbook with an SSD! If I ever have an extra $600 to throw away, I'll do that.

666sheep
Jul 27, 2010, 02:45 PM
I'd love a 12" Powerbook with an SSD! If I ever have an extra $600 to throw away, I'll do that.

Love is blind ;) I got SSD in my 466 Clamshell. Bought this iBook for about 1/3 of SSD price :p PowerBook is next to upgrade.

About $200 (for 64GB SSD) will be enough. Other solution is SATA SSD in optibay (Intel G2 80GB for example).