Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Looked everywhere, but I just can't find a wall mount for the 2010 Mac Mini's.
I'm guessing no companies are making them yet If so can someone point me in the right direction.
I guess my next question is...
Has anyone fab'd a mount from aluminum or sheet metal yet, if so i'd love to see some pics.

FrancoisC

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2009
Montreal, Qc
They don't have one ready yet, but check this site:

http://h-sq.com/

They say it's coming soon.

I ordered one from them last year for the previous gen mini, and I can say the quality is great and they have fast shipping.

sscooter427

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2007
Looked everywhere, but I just can't find a wall mount for the 2010 Mac Mini's.
I'm guessing no companies are making them yet If so can someone point me in the right direction.
I guess my next question is...
Has anyone fab'd a mount from aluminum or sheet metal yet, if so i'd love to see some pics.

Hello, I've developed a Mini Mount for the new Mac Mini that allows for the Mini to be mounted in various configurations, including a wall mount. The mount bracket is steel with a durable powder coat finish. Foam padding is applied on the inside of the bracket to protect against scratching and hold the Mini in place.

mini_mount.jpg

mini_mac_mount.jpg

The above pictures show my prototype bracket. The production model will have 4 access holes to get to the mount hardware easier and the finish may be slightly darker.

A unique feature is the option to place the Mini in the bracket having its access panel available. This however is not recommended in an environment where anti-theft security is needed. Holes are positioned on each side of the entry to accept a standard padlock to lock up the Mini. If preferred, the bracket can be reverse mounted to have the padlock in the back.

More information is available on my website, http://www.imacmount.com/mini-mount.html

All feedback is greatly appreciated as I try to make the best solutions I can for customers.

Thanks!

Scott

gogojuice

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2007
Feedback on mount

I purchased on of sscooter427 brackets about 3 weeks ago.

Delivery was quick and the product was as pictured. No flaws that I can see.
It mounted very easily to the wall and works fantastic.

I would like to make a suggestion though.. Perhaps the next model could have a spot for an external drive.

Since the mini I have has only 320 gb.. I would run out of space very quickly if I used it for my movies. So.. I have installed against the wall a 2TB external drive also.

I would recommend the product without hesitation.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I actually did fab a mount about 2 days after posting this, I just need to toss up some pics. It was a 1st try so not all the edges were perfectly straight but it is very minimal.

I have it setup as a plex box, with a WD MyBook World II NAS over a dual band AEBS and it streams all videos I've thrown at it without a stutter. Less stuff in my TV room the better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.