Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D3lta

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Cupertino, California
Been waiting for Griffin's car mount for the iPhone 4. The WindowSeat I used for my 3GS was great.

Make sure to use GRIPHONE4 coupon code on checkout for 20% off + free shipping.

WindowSeat AUX:

windowseataux-1.jpg

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/windowseat-aux#

WindowSeat HandsFree, the same as above but adds a microphone to the AUX cable:

windowseathandsfree-1.jpg

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/windowseat-handsfree#

rmul86

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Boston, MA
Does this mount rotate to the horizontal position? Also, It looks like it'll fit with a bumper, can anyone confirm this?

D3lta

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Cupertino, California
Does this mount rotate to the horizontal position? Also, It looks like it'll fit with a bumper, can anyone confirm this?

Yep, it rotates 360 degrees.

Nice catch on the bumper support, didn't notice the iPhone in the picture had it on. You pretty much confirmed it.:D

TheAlchemist

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2009
Finally! I used their car dock with my last iphone, was perfect for music and answering calls, been weird not being able to use it with my 4.

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
Yep, it rotates 360 degrees.

Nice catch on the bumper support, didn't notice the iPhone in the picture had it on. You pretty much confirmed it.:D

Well it works with some sort of case... thats not an apple bumper becuase it doesnt have the metal sleep/wake button.

LAS22

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2008
this one looks doable. beside having multi case fitment, the opening on the bottom is free for the 30-pin plug in.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
Don't understand why they take the audio from the top jack. All those connections are available from the sync/charging cable at the bottom. Much neater. All you need is a "split" charging cable ($3 or so from monoprice) that breaks out audio and charge at the USB end.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
So, with the hands free version, does it operate like this: music is playing, then a call comes in, the music mutes and you can speak with the mic and hear the other party through the car's stereo?

fishepa

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2009
Can I use the hands free portion even if I don't have an AUX in jack in my stereo?

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
So, with the hands free version, does it operate like this: music is playing, then a call comes in, the music mutes and you can speak with the mic and hear the other party through the car's stereo?

I chatted with Griffin support and they said Yes to my question. I told him that they should convey this functionality on their web site.

ALWAYSBLESS

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2010
Are there any car mounts that dont have the shaking issues? Perhaps ones with a smaller arm, or even a dash board mount instead of window?

Jaw3000

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
The Kensington model I currently have shakes a lot while driving. I'd like to know how this one does with shaking. Also, with case compatibility. The top clip looks like it will accept cases, and it shows the iPhone 4 with a Bumper (and lists it as Blackberry compatible as well), but the bottom looks custom molded for the iPhone. Maybe not.

D3lta

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Cupertino, California
Well, I got mine in the mail today. This thing is absolutely terrible. I was honestly surprised at how cheap this thing felt, rotating the phone is such a pain in the ass, it feels like it's just gonna snap. The box doesn't even mention the iPhone 4 on it, but it mentions the 2G, 3G/3GS.

I'm shipping this thing back tomorrow for a refund (minus 20% restocking fee). The previous WindowSeat that I had for my 3GS was really great, I wish they just made an iPhone 4 adapter for it.

I'd stay away from this one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.