Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjp14

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
One of the main reasons I opted for the the SC2 Collector's Edition is that I wanted the USB drive with SC1 and its expansion on a portable stick. I've also never played SC1, so I was going to play it before 2.

Anyway, when I insert the USB drive into my '10 MBP, the read lights flicker for about 2 seconds and then nothing happens. The drive doesn't appear on my Finder, nor on my desktop. Now i'm sort of a real newbie to the Mac OS, so I don't really know much about how the OS handles flash drives.

I came with a couple conclusions: the drive is DOA (doesn't seem too plausible); it's formatted in a way that Mac can't read; or i'm just missing something completely obvious.

Hopefully someone else with the CE can chime in with a solution, or confirming the bad news.

Thanks.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Did it also come with a CD Key for SC1 and Brood Wars? If so you could attach them to your Battle Net account and download the games from Blizzard directly. Not ideal maybe but an alternative method.

OiCecil

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2009
I got the collectors edition too purely for the original game! Haven't played it in years, really takes me back.

Anyway I can say it fine for me, so it sounds like a bad memory stick. Have you tried it on a Windows pc? If it still doesn't work then just call or email Blizzard for a new one :)

OiCecil

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2009
Did it also come with a CD Key for SC1 and Brood Wars? If so you could attach them to your Battle Net account and download the games from Blizzard directly. Not ideal maybe but an alternative method.

I couldn't see the serial keys written down anywhere for mine. When I installed they were pre-entered in the installer, so it seems like the only way to recover the serial is to actually use the installer... =/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.