Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oriolesprospect

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Does anyone know of a website that will allow me to embed videos behind a paywall? I need the videos to be only accessable through my paywall. For example, youtube will not work because you can still view it through a youtube search, or if you choose only people with the link can see it, they can still obtain the link from the embedded video, even if it is private.

So, is there any service that would allow me to hide these videos behind a pay wall?

Thanks!
-- Jordan

oriolesprospect

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
I have a paywall set up already. When uploading the videos to my own server they take forever to load (uploading via FTP or through WP). So I need to use an actual service that allows this.

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
It takes longer to upload a video file to your own site than to upload to something like YouTube? That doesn't make sense to me.
:confused:

You have a paywall and you obviously have storage space online. I still say creating this yourself is the way to go...or the protected YouTube route. I can make videos private and only accessible to those I want. Of course it requires the other person to have a Google/YouTube account to access and is far from an elegant solution.

But, won't ANY storage service ultimately provide you with a link that you go to FROM your paywall, therefore making it possible for anyone to use that link for free...as you are contending?

Storing this on a protected portion of your website behind the paywall is what you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.