Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rice_web

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2001
Minot, North Dakota
Ah, this is the one thing that any computer junky would envy. But, if Apple needed to sell excess inventory some time, do you think that they'd ever stoop to such a level?

Here's my thought:

After each new product announcement, any discontinued Apple product bought within, say, three hours gets a second one free.

Maybe they'd need to do half off, but the thought of two Macs for the price of one sure is inviting.

DaedalusDE

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2002
Long Island, NY
I dont think Apple would ever do that, but maybe to coincide with the Switch ads, apple could offer bonus incentives for every person you get to switch to mac. I think that way mac users will have more of a motive to get their PC hugging friends to switch (even though every "Mac'er" I know always bug their friends anyway.)

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
At my local CompUSA today, there was an Apple rep there, and they had the whole 'switch' thing going. They even had a trade in thing for Mac notebooks. It wasn't much, but it was better than just trashing an old notebook... They also had tons of software discounts if you bought a Mac there...

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Originally posted by G4scott
At my local CompUSA today, there was an Apple rep there, and they had the whole 'switch' thing going. They even had a trade in thing for Mac notebooks. It wasn't much, but it was better than just trashing an old notebook... They also had tons of software discounts if you bought a Mac there...

I noticed that they had an ad today and mentioned that they had seminars from 1-4 p.m. plus it shows the 17" iMac.

Did they have tons of software to buy? There's always an overhead announcement about the hundreds of software titles available in the store while I'm there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.