PDA

View Full Version : allowed to "load" music from Apple Store iTunes computer to OWN iPod??

diehldun
Nov 17, 2004, 09:05 PM
From "MacBytes/NY Post" re: Apple SoHo

The techie's paradise on Prince Street is a hive of young, hip New Yorkers who stop by to read their e-mail, {{{{load their iPods}}}} and check out new digital gizmos - and each other.

--------------------------

are you allowed to bring you iPod into an Apple Store, and "load" music from an Apple computer (iTunes library) and put it into YOUR iPod, given you brought your cable???? Isn't that illegal (not paying $$$$)??? :confused:

Just curious...

Phat_Pat
Nov 17, 2004, 09:50 PM
hmm i tried to do this at Compusa with a apple sales rep.

he told me i could go ahead because there is "no way" (yeah right) to get the music onto your hard drive from the iPod and when you sync it it would automatically delete the songs because they were not in your library.

obviously he was talking from apples prospective. he knew darn well that there are hundreds of programs that would allow me to do this. but there are none from apple so it "doesn't exist" ;)

so is it legal? probably not, but whos going to check your iPod when you leave? :rolleyes:

tdhurst
Nov 17, 2004, 10:29 PM
Lesson here...it's okay to steal as long as you don't get caught!

Phat_Pat
Nov 17, 2004, 10:36 PM
Lesson here...it's okay to steal as long as you don't get caught!

hahaha yeah but you still got to live with the fact that you didn't pay for it. what goes around comes around......... :o

JeDiBoYTJ
Nov 17, 2004, 10:40 PM
Im sure its possible, lol.

I brought my ipod to compusa before when FCP4 came out, I mounted it........ then copied over the Soundtrack Loops :eek: lol. I didnt have a mac at the time (had ipod though, and I synced it everyday at my school, had my own eMac there, so it was Mac formatted), and I had this friend who wanted the loops (apparently he had a copy of Soundtrack but no loops....hmmmmmm...lol).

haha, yes I realize that stealing is bad, and I wont do that again, I felt really icky for doing it... luckly I LEGALLY bought a copy of FCPHD so my guilt has lifted hehe.... so in other words, yeah, im sure its possible, unless they are protected AAC's, which I doubt they are (I never looked). It might be a little 'illegal', but just try. plug your iPod in, make it look like you are just playing music from it, then start copying files over... lol

im bad :( lol

diehldun
Nov 17, 2004, 11:06 PM
hahaha yeah but you still got to live with the fact that you didn't pay for it. what goes around comes around......... :o

No, I don't mean "stealing". According to the NY Post, a lot of people at the SoHo Apple Store "load up" their iPods... meaning they connect their iPod to the computers there... either they allow it or they have to sneak it???? That sounds really wierd... :confused:

diehldun
Nov 17, 2004, 11:07 PM
hmm i tried to do this at Compusa with a apple sales rep.

he told me i could go ahead because there is "no way" (yeah right) to get the music onto your hard drive from the iPod and when you sync it it would automatically delete the songs because they were not in your library.

obviously he was talking from apples prospective. he knew darn well that there are hundreds of programs that would allow me to do this. but there are none from apple so it "doesn't exist" ;)

so is it legal? probably not, but whos going to check your iPod when you leave? :rolleyes:

wouldn't you stick out like a sore thumb lol with the firewire cable and your iPod connected to one of their computers?