Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

funkyc

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2008
i love billingham bags and currently use one with my DSLR whenever i use it

i'd love one that just fits my ipad and my camera for everyday use...would probably only use one lens and carry a few other small necessities in there

funkyc

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2008
i've heard that hadley small fits an ipad fine in the back but i know for sure my L2 doesn't fit
well it does but it's way too tight and pokes out too much that i'd be uncomfortable to leave my ipad in there...

Trapped Wind

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
San Francisco
That's good to know. I love the bags and have one for my Leica MP. It has to be one of the best camera bags I've ever owned but they just stick to Camera's.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Own the Hadley Small and the larger Pro.

iPad fits perfectly in the back of the Small, if not a litlle snugly.

The Large or Pro is more than big enough.

funkyc

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2008
iPad fits perfectly in the back of the Small, if not a litlle snugly.

i'm after a bag that just fits my ipad and a medium sized DSLR with a lens or two and maybe a few other small bits and pieces

does the ipad fit in only while naked or will it accommodate a case? say a thin one such as the official apple case?

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
i'm after a bag that just fits my ipad and a medium sized DSLR with a lens or two and maybe a few other small bits and pieces

does the ipad fit in only while naked or will it accommodate a case? say a thin one such as the official apple case?

It fits fine in the Small with the Apple case and perhaps even something a bit thicker. But I highly doubt you will get a DSLR and lenses. My 5D does not fit with a 50 1.2. The iPad prevents the bag from allowing the back to expand to accommodate a DSLR. I use mine with a Panasonic GF1. You will need the Hadley Pro, which has plenty of room for what you want to store.

funkyc

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2008
My 5D does not fit with a 50 1.2. The iPad prevents the bag from allowing the back to expand to accommodate a DSLR.

thanks for the info mcdj,

when u say u can't fit ur 5d with a 50 1.2 in there, is that with the removable padding in or out? i currently have a nikon d90 which i love to carry around with just a small 35mm or 50mm prime on it, and this combo is quite a bit smaller than ur 5d with the larger 50 1.2.

but i may be moving up to something similar in size to ur 5d if and when nikon care to upgrade their current camera line-up so if i really can't fit my stuff into the small then i'll have to move up to the original or pro

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I use it with the padded insert. Without it, there would be nothing separating the camera from the iPad. The lens isn't what prevents it from fitting, it's the height of the camera. If you remove the lens you could probably do a body and one lens, maybe 2 if they're really small. But the Pro vs the Small will afford you much more leeway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.