PDA

View Full Version : Podcaster

aduteau
Jul 28, 2010, 06:50 AM
Has anyone ever used this app (Podcaster) on the iPhone or iPod touch ?
I found this app really useful, not having to go thru the iTunes store every time to see if an update to one of my favorite podcast was available to download.

Anyone know of a similar app for the iPad for downloading Podcasts and playing them ?

And ... anyone knows if the app Podcaster has plans for an iPad version of its app ...
The website for support doesnt list any email to reach them and ask ... and I cant find any forums either !

http://rssplayer.blogspot.com/

Thanks guys !

MaxPower49
Jul 28, 2010, 10:51 AM
I don't believe they have an ipad app. Don't think it would even run on the iPad until it is upgraded to 4.0 (although RSS Player should). Podcaster is useful but still crashes more than it should.

You can find the developer's twitter page here:
http://twitter.com/iPhonePodcaster

Pocket Tunes Radio also does podcasts, but i have never used that feature.

aduteau
Jul 28, 2010, 12:09 PM
So with pocket tunes I can download and subscribe to podcasts and I can listen to them without being online ? :eek:

Also I see they have it iPad optimized !

MaxPower49
Jul 28, 2010, 12:16 PM
So with pocket tunes I can download and subscribe to podcasts and I can listen to them without being online ? :eek:

Also I see they have it iPad optimized !

Not sure... it is a universal app, but as I said I've never used the podcast features.

Wolfmore
Jul 29, 2010, 08:25 AM
I use Podcaster everyday. I have an iPhone 4 and subscribe to 17 podcast and don't experience crashes. Maybe if it crashes alot it's the podcast being subscribed to's fault.

Anyway I have 2 gift codes I received from the dev as part of a raffle: first come :)

YLY9EY7JTRMK
7TFN6NRWKHE7

aduteau
Jul 29, 2010, 09:30 AM
I use Podcaster everyday. I have an iPhone 4 and subscribe to 17 podcast and don't experience crashes. Maybe if it crashes alot it's the podcast being subscribed to's fault.

Anyway I have 2 gift codes I received from the dev as part of a raffle: first come :)

YLY9EY7JTRMK
7TFN6NRWKHE7

Can Podcaster work on the iPad ?
(Thx for the codes BTW :) )