Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b0redom

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2007
Hi,
I'm after finding out availability of the new i7 27" iMac. There doesn't appear to be any way of checking online, and it take over 50 mins to get through to the stores. I guess lots of people are calling.

Does anyone know of a UK retailer with stock of the new i7s?

Regards...

b0redom

azza2988

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2010
They might do eventually because the previous i7 iMac wasnt instore when first released i think then after a while it was because i bought my pre-refresh iMac i7 instore

b0redom

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2007
Yeah, just called up and was told that by the Apple helpline. Seems a bit odd that no one in any of the stores I got through to knew though! Oh well i5 it is then. My copy of Starcraft 2 arrived this morning and I have nothing to play it on!

b0redom

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2007
Because it will take around 2 weeks to get to me, and I want it now! :D

Given the horrific quality control last time, I'd like to be able to go in and yell at someone if there's a problem too. :eek:

CXsjr

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2007
Scotland, UK
Because it will take around 2 weeks to get to me, and I want it now! :D

Given the horrific quality control last time, I'd like to be able to go in and yell at someone if there's a problem too. :eek:

Buy in haste and repent at leisure? And regardless of where you purchased it, you can still go into a store 'yell' at them .... patience is a virtue and all that :)

b0redom

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2007
Buy in haste and repent at leisure? And regardless of where you purchased it, you can still go into a store 'yell' at them .... patience is a virtue and all that :)

Yep. Yell is obviously a figure of speech, but you get what I mean - if they don't stock them in store originally, I'll be without whilst they special order me up a new one in the event of a problem.

I'm also not sure how much usage I'll get out of the i7 over the i5. I'm coming from a C2D with an ATI 2600 which will just not cut the mustard when it comes to games - but is reasonable for pretty much everything else.

Sure an i7 would be perfect, but I can always put the money I save towards an iPad. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.