PDA

View Full Version : Transferring files from OS9 to X

homerdog
Nov 18, 2004, 08:29 AM
I am trying to copy some files containing JPEGs from my old iMac G3, running OS9, to my new G5, running OSX. I have downloaded the files onto a Vosonic X's-drive II (a portable storage device with 40gb HD), however when I try to upload them my iMac can't open them as they are corrupted.

If I connect the device back to my old G3, the files are fine, so I think the problem lies with the new G5. Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

TIA
Daryl

Solafaa
Nov 18, 2004, 10:22 AM
Try using a CD-R maybe that will do the trick.

strider42
Nov 18, 2004, 11:07 AM
I am trying to copy some files containing JPEGs from my old iMac G3, running OS9, to my new G5, running OSX. I have downloaded the files onto a Vosonic X's-drive II (a portable storage device with 40gb HD), however when I try to upload them my iMac can't open them as they are corrupted.

If I connect the device back to my old G3, the files are fine, so I think the problem lies with the new G5. Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

TIA
Daryl

if the machines are in close proximity, why not sjust network them together, or if its a slot loading iMac, use firewire disk target mode.

homerdog
Nov 18, 2004, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to try the target disk mode, just need to buy a firewire cable tomorrow :)