PDA

View Full Version : What screen protector best protects against finger prints and dust particles?

Nishi100
Jul 28, 2010, 03:20 PM
I hate dust particles and finger prints on my iPad, as I use my iPad outside quite a lot. Which screen protector do you recommend that:

Stops fingerprints moderately well.
Reduces dust collection on the screen.
Is a good price.
Hard to scratch.

iPadztr
Jul 28, 2010, 03:57 PM
power support = easy to clean and you barely notice your ipad has screen protector. A little pricey, but "IMHO", it is worth it.

Stops fingerprints moderately well? Yes
Reduces dust collection on the screen? Yes
Is a good price? Moderately
Hard to scratch? Yes

TheBritishBloke
Jul 28, 2010, 05:23 PM
Any glossy screen protector will be a fingerprint magnet.

Get an antiglare.

Nishi100
Jul 28, 2010, 06:58 PM
I'm going to get the iPad antiglare power support; however I live in the UK. Do you a place that I can buy it in store?

whocaresit
Jul 28, 2010, 07:07 PM
The power of mind and shirt sleeve.

hughfan
Jul 28, 2010, 08:31 PM
I have the PowerSupport crystal protector and find I only need to clean it about once a week vs the daily cleaning (at least) I had to give the nekkid iPad screen. It's a bit pricey but I don't regret my purchase at all.

Tobster3
Jul 30, 2010, 02:57 AM
power support = easy to clean and you barely notice your ipad has screen protector. A little pricey, but "IMHO", it is worth it.

Stops fingerprints moderately well? Yes
Reduces dust collection on the screen? Yes
Is a good price? Moderately
Hard to scratch? Yes

I would agree with this post.

I thought it was a little pricey at first and bought a cheaper alternative which was a big mistake, I lost so much of the clarity of the iPad screen. After reading all the reviews, i bought a Power Support Anti Glare screen protector which I have been using for a number of weeks. So far so good.

h00ligan
Jul 30, 2010, 07:43 AM
I'm having a not so great experience with power support....still. They are very slow and unresponsive on the customer support side. The screen I received as a gift had two big imperfections and was caked with dust when I received it. So far not so good. If this was a $3 bay screen I'd deal with it, but it is very expensive for what it is and quality control should be up to snuff, as should support.

I would also add the following.

Still fingerprints, but not as much
Still needs regular cleaning
Expensive for what it is
Some loss of screen clarity
Not hard to scratch
Deterioration is rapid in frequently touched areas, think of. Keyboard 'wearing'
Apply in a very humid bathroom (steamy shower) to make it much easier
Direct mail packaging is non existent (not good for gift giving)
Unresponsive support staff

Overall I couldn't recommend it, unless they get their support in line and quality control in check. And even then it's a lot of cash for a single protector.