Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jw3571

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2010
Has anyone tried ordering the new imac through macmall? I want
An i7 with 8 gb of ram. When do u think I'd receive it? Id really like to save the sales tax but I don't want to wait forever

glitch44

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2006
Has anyone tried ordering the new imac through macmall? I want
An i7 with 8 gb of ram. When do u think I'd receive it? Id really like to save the sales tax but I don't want to wait forever

August 14th at 2:31pm.

No, seriously, there's no way any of us could know this. We don't know what stock they have, when they're shipping, where you live, etc. Call Macmall.

mangrove

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
FL, USA
I tried to order a new Mini for that same reason.

When I called about a CTO I wanted to do, the person at MacMall said they would have to special order the device and (listen to this) regarding my wanting 8GB of RAM, they would have their warehouse install that upgrade.

I hung up and decided to order my Mini direct from Apple the heck with the taxes since I wanted original RAM not some bs like that. Soooo be careful what you do to save a few bucks.

Remember if you ever need it serviced at Apple and some odd RAM has been used you have no "original" Apple RAM to put in before going to Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.