Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PlanetRed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Has anyone heard from Speck about receiving their updated CandyShell? The e-mail said 2-3 weeks until they mailed it out but I have not heard anything in a while. Rocking the PixelSkin they sent me until I get the CandyShell.

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
Has anyone heard from Speck about receiving their updated CandyShell? The e-mail said 2-3 weeks until they mailed it out but I have not heard anything in a while. Rocking the PixelSkin they sent me until I get the CandyShell.

I emailed them today to get an update. It had been about 2.5 weeks. Told me "about two more weeks". I ended up changing it to the Geometric...or whatever it is called. They were very helpful and responsive. I think they overnighted the alternate case.

I am pretty satisfied with the customer service.

Steve

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2005
i'm gonna wait. I'd like to get a different color though instead of black. Liking that Pale Moon Gray.

wattsja

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
i'm gonna wait. I'd like to get a different color though instead of black. Liking that Pale Moon Gray.

Me too (even the same color) and I have tired *several* times to get them to let me get the different color .. even if I have to wait a little longer still .. but so far, no dice.

sparrky

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
California
Me too (even the same color) and I have tired *several* times to get them to let me get the different color .. even if I have to wait a little longer still .. but so far, no dice.

Have they replied saying no or have they not replied at all? Just curious because I'm trying for a different color too.

wattsja

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
Have they replied saying no or have they not replied at all? Just curious because I'm trying for a different color too.

They replied and though they didn't say "no" directly .. they said that they were issuing based on the color you bought and that the other colors weren't even available yet. When i responded that I would wait for the other colors to become available, I was then told that colors were issued based on the receipt you sent in (more or less to get me to stop asking* I'm sure lol).

*this was over the course of several email and different reps.

sparrky

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
California
They replied and though they didn't say "no" directly .. they said that they were issuing based on the color you bought and that the other colors weren't even available yet. When i responded that I would wait for the other colors to become available, I was then told that colors were issued based on the receipt you sent in (more or less to get me to stop asking* I'm sure lol).

*this was over the course of several email and different reps.

Ah ok, thanks. I actually considered fiddling with the html in my email receipt to have it show that I bought the color I wanted, but since ATT wasn't selling the color I wanted it may not have gone over well lol.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I just purchased a Candyshell from AT&T this morning and have the flash problem. I sent an email over to Speck and got the basic info about a 2-3 week for a new one. I then responded and asked if they could replace it with a different case and the responded that as long as you can add it to the cart then they can replace it with a different. I sent them a copy of my receipt and asked if they can simply overnight the Geometric case to me. I may be reaching on the overnighting part, but it's worth a try though. Hopefully my next email from them will include a confirmation and/or tracking #. If you don't want to wait for the new Candyshell then ask them to replace your case with a different one and they will.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
nice they told me 2-3 weeks 4 weeks ago

This is why I refuse to wait any long. Nice case indeed, but not worth the continual wait and have to deal with the flash issue. I'd rather have the GeoMetric case and be done with it. Hopefully a few cheap cases I ordered from ebay arrive today in the mail.

wattsja

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
<snip> ..responded that as long as you can add it to the cart then they can replace it with a different. .. <snip>

That's the problem for some of us, the color we want to replace it with can't be added to the cart as it is still showing "backordered".

I am assuming that is also why they are not to keen on taking different color orders as that would cause a nightmare for keeping up with all the "replacement" orders when the colors are released.

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2005
bah, maybe I should just get the cheaper Geo to try out. OR wait until September which is probably when the CandyShell will be back out. They never had any other color for the i4 released. Only Black.

I might just buy the PaleMoon Gray when its available and try out the Geo for now... all I know is the current CandyShell is falling apart. Well, the rubber part is all coming off like mad right now. And yes the back is scratched to hell. I wonder how the Geo handles in the scuff dept.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.