PDA

View Full Version : pretty good deal, just passing this on!~!

n8gr88
Jul 28, 2010, 09:46 PM
asdf

spinnerlys
Jul 28, 2010, 09:51 PM
It's a SCAM, as the licenses of iwork, office, and photoshop cs4 are surely NOT included, thus the new user would break the law by using the installed software without a license.

Schtumple
Jul 28, 2010, 09:53 PM
You "found" this on ebay huh?

your username starts with n8, so does the ebay one. Just saying.

Reported.

spinnerlys
Jul 28, 2010, 09:59 PM
You "found" this on ebay huh?

your username starts with n8, so does the ebay one. Just saying.

Reported.

Good catch.

I reported the item to eBay, maybe you can (or already have) do (done) the same?

I had to remember my user name, as I haven't used eBay since 2006 and I have a user name like this: sim-sa-la-dim-bam-ba-sa-la-du-sa-la-dim. Luckily I can't forget passwords though.

Very good avatar by the way, if that is you, what camera is that?

moocat
Jul 28, 2010, 10:00 PM
It's a SCAM, as the licenses of iwork, office, and photoshop cs4 are surely NOT included, thus the new user would break the law by using the installed software without a license.

I think you're wrong - the seller is breaking the law. The buyer (who probably won't be aware of the prevalence of hacked software) is an unwitting victim.

jr24
Jul 28, 2010, 10:01 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=978670

do you really need two threads about the same thing?

Schtumple
Jul 28, 2010, 10:04 PM
Good catch.

I reported the item to eBay, maybe you can (or already have) do (done) the same?

I had to remember my user name, as I haven't used eBay since 2006 and I have a user name like this: sim-sa-la-dim-bam-ba-sa-la-du-sa-la-dim. Luckily I can't forget passwords though.

Very good avatar by the way, if that is you, what camera is that?

Before this thread is wastelanded, yes it is me, it's an circa 1985 Olympus OM40 35mm SLR that belonged to my dad, he was never very into photography so he gave it to me, I love it, it makes a nice change from my DSLR.

spinnerlys
Jul 28, 2010, 10:06 PM
I think you're wrong - the seller is breaking the law. The buyer (who probably won't be aware of the prevalence of hacked software) is an unwitting victim.

The buyer might be the unwitting victim, but ignorance doesn't protect one from the law.

Or do you think murderers can get away with murder just because they didn't know that murder is illegal? Harsh example, I know, but when an "illegal" deal is in progress or has been finished, both parties are responsible. I once bought a used bicycle, 100 metre later I was stopped by the police and the bike was confiscated. As it turned out, the bike was not stolen (or not reported) but the seller was on the watch list of the police, but they didn't get him that day. Anyway, as I took part in this deal, and if the bicycle would have been stolen, I would have been responsible too and would have to pay whatever price the legal system has for those people.