PDA

View Full Version : ear buds cracking :(

toezter
Nov 18, 2004, 05:21 PM
my left earbud i believe has a cracked drum, or something..its makeing a crackling noise.

is there any way i can tear them appart without damaging the plastic? better off to buy new ones ($25 argg)?

_bnkr612
Nov 18, 2004, 07:14 PM
Don't even waste your time with those out of date headphones, they were new in 2001. I bought the in-ears from Apple. They take a little getting used to and you kinda have to jam them in your ear, but they sound great.

I have three sets of those "stock" headphones (from previous iPods) I use them for working out.

Spend 10 bucks more and get yourself a decent pair.

Cheers.

realityisterror
Nov 18, 2004, 07:56 PM
if your ipod is still under warranty (1 year standard and 2 years if applecare i believe), head over to: http://depot.info.apple.com/ipod/...

you should only do this if the headphones are breaking on their own rather than if you broke them. :cool: i filled out the form and totally forgot about it thinking nothing would happen... no word from apple, but DHL dropped it off at my door 3 or 4 days later :eek:

reality

toezter
Nov 18, 2004, 08:43 PM
my ipod is well out of warranty range.

hey, if you're not using those other 2 sets of ear buds, i'll take one off your hands ;)

virividox
Nov 18, 2004, 08:59 PM
get a 3rd party headphone or earbud, they may cost more but you wil be pleased

WinterMute
Nov 19, 2004, 04:50 AM
Go get some Sennheisser MX500 or MX550s, great sound, plus you don't get mugged on the underground for wearing white headphones that scream "I HAVE AN iPOD, PLEASE MUG ME!!!"

:D

mr_pc
Dec 25, 2004, 09:48 AM
I bought an iPod and after preparing it i turned it on for to first time at 9.00 this morning. It is now 3.30pm and one of the buds is crackling whenever i listen to music. Im definately going to contact apple.

Bear
Dec 25, 2004, 01:57 PM
I'd recommend "The Plug" by Koss. They generally run about $20 and are about the pbet bud size headphones out there for under about $100.

krossfyter
Dec 25, 2004, 02:14 PM
how can i find out if i still have warrenty on my ipod? i cant find the papers. do i call up apple?

5300cs
Dec 25, 2004, 06:07 PM
Go get some Sennheisser MX500 or MX550s, great sound, plus you don't get mugged on the underground for wearing white headphones that scream "I HAVE AN iPOD, PLEASE MUG ME!!!"

:D

I remember reading about that on /.
How bad is it in the US/UK now with iPod related muggings and all that? Over here (Japan) I see at least 10 people a day with stock iPod headphones walking down the street, sitting on the train, etc.