PDA

View Full Version : iPhone movies made with iMovie not available to watch on YouTube with iPhone??

jsquared
Jul 29, 2010, 10:08 AM
I searched to no avail, so hold on to your flamethrowers.

Ok, I love my iPhone 4 and iMovie. I've made a handful of videos so far. But yesterday I put one together of all pictures I've taken on an iPhone did a little Ken Burns effect and uploaded it from my computer to YouTube. Same as I had done with the past two videos. When it finally uploaded and processed I tried to watch from my iPhone 4 and it gave me the "Video Unavailable. This video does not currently support iPhone." So I decided to upload it from my iPhone directly to YouTube and once it was done I could watch it on the computer but not my phone!!

What's the deal? How did I get 2 videos to work but not a third? Is it a YouTube or an iPhone issue?

maturola
Jul 29, 2010, 10:15 AM
Did you try Google Web app? just an idea, I know that the build-in app degrade the res, so maybe the video was not avaliable on low res, that's why when you uploaded form the iphone (since it compressed it) it was available to view. However the webapp allow you to watch high res video.

let us know, this would be nice to confirm

jsquared
Jul 29, 2010, 10:23 AM
Did you try Google Web app? just an idea, I know that the build-in app degrade the res, so maybe the video was not avaliable on low res, that's why when you uploaded form the iphone (since it compressed it) it was available to view. However the webapp allow you to watch high res video.

let us know, this would be nice to confirm

Ok, so through Google I could (vid1= movie uploaded via cpu and vid2= movie uploaded via iPhone 4)...

Vid1 and Vid2 would not even let me press the play button. However the first 2 videos I made on my phone are viewable...

What is going on here?