PDA

View Full Version : Powerpoint file too large for Keynote to play

porchdog
Jul 29, 2010, 12:45 PM
I bought Keynote for my ipad thinking I could play a Powerpoint presentation. I find that when I emailed it from my PC to my email account it is too large for the ipad to open. It is 21.8 MB. I sent a smaller file and it does play but not with the music. Anyone have any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

bluedog3401
Jul 30, 2010, 11:45 AM
I bought Keynote for my ipad thinking I could play a Powerpoint presentation. I find that when I emailed it from my PC to my email account it is too large for the ipad to open. It is 21.8 MB. I sent a smaller file and it does play but not with the music. Anyone have any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

Most email systems require emails to be smaller than 10GB, I believe google allows 20GB as a total size.

You may be able to 'sync' the file in from iTunes when you look at and select the 'applications' tab on the iPad in the iTunes menu. Once selected you should be able to drag/drop in the larger file.

But overall, I'm guessing you may be expecting too much of the Keynote application to open and play back ALL powerpoint presentations. It would be great if it were able. I suggest making your presentations into PDF files by using a Print to PDF option in the MacOSX, or find any of several (including free options) for PC. One PC version is called CutePDF that seemed to work well when I've used it.

You may lose transitions, but if the idea is to convey your presentation rather than present a multimedia show then you should be good.

If you need multimedia, I suggest exporting it as a video and playing it back that way if its really important to you.