Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
I just called Apple and got a price match since I just bought two refurbs last week.

I paid $999 for the base model which is now $929, and $1699 for the i5 which is now $1529. I am getting the total of $240 back on my card. That makes buying them even sweeter for me, since I saved ~$740 ($814 savings with tax included) over buying each computer new (versus previously just saving $500, 550 with tax), and since the updates were pretty minor (and wouldn't affect my day to day usage at all) my computers are still not really outdated.

I feel good!

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
I just called Apple and got a price match since I just bought two refurbs last week.

I paid $999 for the base model which is now $929, and $1699 for the i5 which is now $1529. I am getting the total of $240 back on my card. That makes buying them even sweeter for me, since I saved ~$740 ($814 savings with tax included) over buying each computer new (versus previously just saving $500, 550 with tax), and since the updates were pretty minor (and wouldn't affect my day to day usage at all) my computers are still not really outdated.

I feel good!

pretty awesome. i bought the new quad i5 and returned it because of the prices being so low on the refurb models. of course they wouldn't waive my restocking fee, even though i told them i was going to buy a refurb model and you just lowered the prices, blah, blah. it was disappointing.

dexthageek

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007

I feel good!

Hmmmm, I might give that a try. I bought my refurb the beginning of July worse that happens is they say no. So nothing to lose.

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
Hmmmm, I might give that a try. I bought my refurb the beginning of July worse that happens is they say no. So nothing to lose.

i already had to pay my restocking fee and since i bought at the apple store locally, i don't think i can call anybody to have them change that. sucks. Good luck with your situation though!

hotdeck

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
Is there a way to get 'new' 2009 models from the refurb store? Perhaps I should wait for 14 days?

dexthageek

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
i already had to pay my restocking fee and since i bought at the apple store locally, i don't think i can call anybody to have them change that. sucks. Good luck with your situation though!

I am more then happy with my 2009 i7, so I am going to keep it. But a $150 credit added to my account would be nice.

Is there a way to get 'new' 2009 models from the refurb store? Perhaps I should wait for 14 days?

At this point you can't really tell. Your best option is to call your local Apple store or Apple reseller and see if they are selling any 2009 models.

spib

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2008
Nottingham, UK
I tried this today (I only took delivery of my imac today) and they would only offer me £50 not the full £110 price difference. Seems strange they would do it for you guys and not for me

Abs1nth3

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2010
They require 14 day for price match. :(
Oh well not even gonna try then.

Ya, talked with the manager and they wouldn't budge because of the 14-day policy.

Oh well, it's only $150 difference and they sent me a 2tb instead of the 1tb I ordered so I've already made that money back.

Horus

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2009
The Core i5 iMac is an amazing deal!, I'm planning to sell my current iMac /see sig/ to get one of these.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.