Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I verified and repaired permissions and it showed a file/directory with wrong permissions. So I repaired them. Then I decided to try it verifying permissions again to see if it would be gone, but to my surprise the samething showed up when I did verify permissions. Is this normal? :confused: I would think that when I go to verify permissions right after I repaired them, nothing would show up.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
If the message is something like, 'We are using special permissions for the file or directory ./System/Library/Filesystems/cd9660.fs/cd9660.util. New permissions are 33261' then you're OK. It just seems to be a bug that Apple has never got round to fixing!

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
munkle said:
If the message is something like, 'We are using special permissions for the file or directory ./System/Library/Filesystems/cd9660.fs/cd9660.util. New permissions are 33261' then you're OK. It just seems to be a bug that Apple has never got round to fixing!

Yea it said that. Phewww, at least I'm not the only one :) And here I thought I had always been repairing permissions because last time I verified and repaired permissions it said the samething but I didn't verify permission right after like I did earlier so I didn't see if it said the samething.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.