PDA

View Full Version : iPod Clickwheel Help

FelixDerKater
Nov 19, 2004, 03:23 AM
I have a 4G iPod and am starting to experience trouble with the clickwheel. Most of the right half of the clickwheel has stopped working. Moving my finger across that section produces no result. At times, the clickwheel seems to act on its own will, moving through song lists or altering volume at random times. Is this something that is covered under the warranty, and does anyone have any idea what could have caused this problem?

theadz01
Nov 19, 2004, 03:52 AM
If it doesn't work - phone apple, they should get it sorted for you!

sebisworld
Nov 19, 2004, 07:03 AM
I have a 4G iPod and am starting to experience trouble with the clickwheel. Most of the right half of the clickwheel has stopped working. Moving my finger across that section produces no result. At times, the clickwheel seems to act on its own will, moving through song lists or altering volume at random times. Is this something that is covered under the warranty, and does anyone have any idea what could have caused this problem?

I have heard that some people's hands are not made for such devices. If you usually have problems with trackpads and such, your skin might be the problem. Try reproducing it with another persons help. Best of luck.

FelixDerKater
Nov 19, 2004, 08:36 AM
I have never had such a problem before. I use the trackpad on my TiBook everyday and the iPod worked fine for the first month or so.

debroglie
Nov 19, 2004, 09:42 AM
I have heard that some people's hands are not made for such devices. If you usually have problems with trackpads and such, your skin might be the problem. Try reproducing it with another persons help. Best of luck.

It would probably be far easier to get a replacement iPod than replacement skin :eek:

Mackohallic
Nov 19, 2004, 01:16 PM
Maybe you can do a soft reset. Maybe the calibration of the touch click wheel screwed up.

FelixDerKater
Nov 19, 2004, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Apple will be getting a call once I get done with work for the day.