PDA

View Full Version : Apple confirms more UK retail stores in Birmingham's Bullri...

MacBytes
Nov 19, 2004, 09:13 AM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Apple confirms more UK retail stores in Birmingham\'s Bullring and Kent\'s Bluewater (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20041119101320)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

edesignuk
Nov 19, 2004, 09:24 AM
Bluewater, fantastic! That's only 15mins away :D :cool:

brap
Nov 19, 2004, 10:04 AM
Bluewater, fantastic! That's only 15mins away :D :cool:
Ditto! Hehehe... going to need spend aversion therapy for this one. :rolleyes:

kettle
Nov 19, 2004, 10:13 AM
Bristol would be good, Cribbs Causeway? Good for the Welsh too, except they'd have to pay to get back home. :)

Chappers
Nov 19, 2004, 10:14 AM
Lucky me. My wife who hates the cold but is coming to London tomorrow said I should take her to Birmingham to pamper her sometime cus of her sacrifice.

Now I will go slightly happier.

Sayhey
Nov 19, 2004, 10:32 AM
Not only Kent and Birmingham! The BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4023171.stm) report on the London opening has this interesting paragraph at the end.

Apple plans to open stores at the Bluewater shopping centre in Kent and Bullring complex in Birmingham in the next six months. Mr Johnson said there were plans to open stores in continental Europe in 2005.

emphasis added

Looks like other European openings are likely next year. Paris? Berlin? Rome?

Santaduck
Nov 19, 2004, 03:12 PM
when are other ARS coming to europe? France is an obvious choice.

Maybe they'll have coffee in-store too =)

wrldwzrd89
Nov 19, 2004, 03:28 PM
Excellent news! Apple needs to open more stores outside the continental US - opening 4 stores in England is a GREAT start; rumors that stores may be coming to continental Europe makes it even better. Look out world, Apple's charging through...

virus1
Nov 19, 2004, 04:05 PM
must be fun waiting for apple to put a store in your city. I'm ok cuz i already have 2 stores within 10 min biking distance

johnnyjibbs
Nov 19, 2004, 04:51 PM
Brilliant stuff. Bluewater is about 45 mins away from, but I go there fairly often. Go Apple!

bigandy
Nov 20, 2004, 07:41 AM
scotland dammnit!

one would fit right in on princes street, edinburgh!

wdlove
Nov 20, 2004, 11:23 AM
The rest of the world also deserves more stores. My only concern would be that Apple doesn't over invest.

wrldwzrd89
Nov 20, 2004, 02:20 PM
The rest of the world also deserves more stores. My only concern would be that Apple doesn't over invest.
Apple will get there - slowly but surely. Apple's policy is to only open a store in a location they know they'll make money on the investment, and it takes time to find the ideal location sometimes. I'd bet that either Apple has too much invested in current store plans or that they haven't found a good location yet for a store in Scotland (or any other country that lacks an Apple Store).

johnnyjibbs
Nov 20, 2004, 03:09 PM
Apple will get there - slowly but surely. Apple's policy is to only open a store in a location they know they'll make money on the investment, and it takes time to find the ideal location sometimes. I'd bet that either Apple has too much invested in current store plans or that they haven't found a good location yet for a store in Scotland (or any other country that lacks an Apple Store).
Well I think the London store will definitely be a success, judging by its opening day. The lease can't have been cheap on that one but it's in the prime shopping location in London and right next to historic toy store Hamleys. Also, the advertising importance of these stores must not be underestimated, especially outside of the US where Apple is far less known as a brand.