Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

random person

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
I have been trying to return an SGP Vintage case but SGP is not answering my emails. Does anyone have a phone number for them or any information about returning an item? Many thanks!

I must say I'm not encouraged that they have not replied to my email.

sdlevi27

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2008
I have been trying to return an SGP Vintage case but SGP is not answering my emails. Does anyone have a phone number for them or any information about returning an item? Many thanks!

I must say I'm not encouraged that they have not replied to my email.

+1. I bought the wrong skin and wanted to return it. It's been 4 days and 2 e-mails and no response. If I don't hear back from them I'm going to send it back and dispute the charge on my credit card. It's very unfortunate - their products are great but their customer service stinks.

random person

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Well that really sucks. Wish id known that before ordering from them!

Why are so many people such fans of theirs? Sheesh.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
SGP customer service is horrible. They do make some great products but I never order directly from them. I buy from ebay sellers instead because I refuse to deal with SGP in any way. They don't respond to emails, they don't support their products and they do everything in their power to avoid sending out replacements or refunds for defective products. Amazing how they manage to stay in business with their lack of concern for their customers.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
SGP did fully refund my EX Crystal film that did not have the correct cut-outs, fwiw.

And they did not require a return ship of the bad films.

satirev

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2010
i filed a dispute with paypal and they sided with SGP without sgp even responding to the dispute...

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
SGP customer service is horrible. They do make some great products but I never order directly from them. I buy from ebay sellers instead because I refuse to deal with SGP in any way. They don't respond to emails, they don't support their products and they do everything in their power to avoid sending out replacements or refunds for defective products. Amazing how they manage to stay in business with their lack of concern for their customers.

they are indeed the worst. spent over $50 bucks on screen protecters that all were defective and they refused to replace. do not buy from them you'll be sorry if you have a problem.

random person

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
It's crazy -- look at all the order threads about them and yet no one mentions that they won't accept returns! I'll file a dispute via American Express.

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
Just to put things in perspective here... I bought the SGP Ultra Matte, arrived yesterday.

Everything is good and I really like the matte finish on the back of my phone :)

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
they are indeed the worst. spent over $50 bucks on screen protecters that all were defective and they refused to replace. do not buy from them you'll be sorry if you have a problem.

I would dispute the charge with your cc company. That's ridiculous.

random person

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
I take it all back -- SGP actually responded to one of my emails this afternoon! So I now know how to return it and will check to make surer I get the credit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.