PDA

View Full Version : Airport express issues, itunes not recognizing stereo speakers

jamst149
Jul 30, 2010, 12:27 PM
So I changed my wifi network from wep to wpa2. Wifi is working fine. Open itunes and I no longer see my stereo speakers as an option. Thought maybe I had to tweak a setting within the software for the airport express. None of the utilities are seeing the airport express. The device itself is showing and orange led.

Any help/ideas?

mstrze
Jul 30, 2010, 12:50 PM
Just throwing this out....

Did you switch from a 'g'-based network to 'n'? Maybe your Express doesn't communicate on that network?

Only throwing this out because I added 'n' to my home network recently and wondered why I couldn't connect to my AppleTV with the Remote App on my iPhone until I realized my iPhone was only 'g' compatible and therefore wasn't seeing what was on the 802.11 'n' network.

waw74
Jul 30, 2010, 04:46 PM
is the express just connected the the wireless network? (no ethernet cable to it). then of course it's unavailable, you need to plug an ethernet cable into it, either to a laptop, or into your existing network and re-configure it. You can move the express to a more convenient location if you need to.