PDA

View Full Version : Video artifacts on New TV - HardWare Issue

phj
Jul 30, 2010, 12:49 PM
I'm getting video artifacts on my new (December 2009) Visio 55-inch LCD when using my Apple TV (original 40 GB). I'm connected using HDMI. I'm getting diagonal streaks and dead pixels on the screen in random locations. Is this a hardware issue with the Apple TV or a software issue with the software and my new TV?:(

darkgroove
Jul 30, 2010, 01:41 PM
Random question to your question... are you going through a receiver?

I had a crazy problem with my Mac mini connected via HDMI where if there was too much text on the screen the image would FREAK out. Connected directly to the TV, it was fine. No idea why the receiver would do that, but it did. Try connecting directly to the TV if you aren't already.

If you are, no idea dude.

roidy
Jul 30, 2010, 04:35 PM
I'm getting video artifacts on my new (December 2009) Visio 55-inch LCD when using my Apple TV (original 40 GB). I'm connected using HDMI. I'm getting diagonal streaks and dead pixels on the screen in random locations. Is this a hardware issue with the Apple TV or a software issue with the software and my new TV?:(

Do you get the same problem if you try it on a different TV? That the easiest way to see if it's the TV or the ATV.

phj
Aug 3, 2010, 10:15 AM
This is a direct connect through HDMI. I'll try another TV and see if it goes away. I did read somewhere that the video chip may have a problem in the early models. If so, what can I do?

newagemac
Aug 3, 2010, 10:46 AM
I have read where the ATV can cause artifacts if it gets too hot. You don't have it in an enclosed cabinet or something do you?