PDA

View Full Version : SIM card not supported

Merthyrboy
Jul 30, 2010, 01:22 PM
Hi I'm having a few problems with an original iPhone that I bought off ebay.

It was working fine first when it came but it didn't have any of my data on it and it was jail broken.
I researched into this and it said that a restore of the software would get rid of that and then I'd be able to put my own data onto it.

It was extracting the software everything seemed like a normal restore but then it came up with the message "the SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported"

I cannot get passed it and O2 (I'm in the uk) the staff in my local shop just didn't have a clue what to do.

Applejuiced
Jul 30, 2010, 02:21 PM
The iphone you bought was JB and unlocked.
When you restored it thru itunes the iphone got locked up again to its original carrier and will not recognize your sim unless you JB it and unlock it again.

Merthyrboy
Jul 30, 2010, 02:29 PM
how do I jb my phone or should I just find one of the other threats covering it?

Applejuiced
Jul 30, 2010, 02:32 PM
Follow this:
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7436

Then download the 3.1.2 ipsw from here and point redsnow to this file when it first starts.
http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-7268.20091008.32pNe/iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw
Then select install cydia and unlock in order for you iphone to operate again unlocked with any simcard.

Merthyrboy
Jul 30, 2010, 02:35 PM
Thank you so much, hopefully I don't mess it up anymore than I have already :)

Applejuiced
Jul 30, 2010, 02:37 PM
You cant :)
Even if you screw something up you can always just restore it thru itunes and start over again.
Good luck.

Merthyrboy
Jul 30, 2010, 02:41 PM
Hehe thats what I like to hear something that I can screw up a load of times and it doesn't matter. Hopefully this helps other people in my situation as well

Applejuiced
Jul 30, 2010, 02:43 PM
Yes, there's been many before you and im sure there will be many more to come:D

impulse462
Jul 30, 2010, 02:59 PM
Aren't original iPhones unlocked with BootNeuter?

That flashes the baseband doesn't it? I could have sworn that it is permanently unlocked, but I haven't touched my original iphone in ages so i could be wrong.

Applejuiced
Jul 30, 2010, 03:02 PM
Aren't original iPhones unlocked with BootNeuter?

That flashes the baseband doesn't it? I could have sworn that it is permanently unlocked, but I haven't touched my original iphone in ages so i could be wrong.

Yes, in some cases.
But if its not officially activated even though the baseband is unlocked you cant get passed the connect to itunes screen and into the home screen untill its hactivated.