Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rml4uk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
I ordered my free bumper on July 23rd, when the shipping estimate was 3-5 weeks, and got it in the mail today. Has anyone else received their bumper yet?

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
I ordered my free bumper on July 23rd, when the shipping estimate was 3-5 weeks, and got it in the mail today. Has anyone else received their bumper yet?

I think it has a lot to do with where you live. I am on the east coast US and the original delivery date for mine was Sept 1st and I got an email the other day saying its on its way and will be here Aug 3rd. I ordered the morning the program went live.

rml4uk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
The "uk" in my username stands for University of Kentucky. I live in Lexington, KY. I also ordered the day the program went live. I received my shipping confirmation email on July 26th and it said my bumper would ship by August 2nd. I love it, by the way. No issues with it peeling off the edges of my bodyguardz screen and back protectors and the metal sleep/wake button and volume buttons are really nice.

Subjugator

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
I ordered mine the day the app went up. Got an email a few days later saying it would delivered by Aug 1. Received it 2 days ago. Ohio

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Awesome. You're the 100th person to start a thread upon receipt of their free case. Only 2,999,900 more threads to go. :rolleyes:

hoffmant

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2008
Mine showed up today, too. I ordered it the morning the app went live.

I really like it so far. It replaced a Boxwave case that I actually liked, but I'm enjoying the bumper even more.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
Can we please stop creating new threads about "Ooh, my free case!". Its really annoying. ;)

rml4uk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
Man, some of the people on this site are huge d-bags... I'm sure no detail has ever slipped by you and you've never made a mistake in your life. Way to hide behind the anonymity of the Internet so you can act like a big man. It's pretty sad that you have to go to a consumer electronics forum and make fun of people so you can feel good about yourself.

On a lighter note, no dropped calls since I've had the bumper on. W00t!

Xombie11

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2009
Man, some of the people on this site are huge d-bags... I'm sure no detail has ever slipped by you and you've never made a mistake in your life. Way to hide behind the anonymity of the Internet so you can act like a big man. It's pretty sad that you have to go to a consumer electronics forum and make fun of people so you can feel good about yourself.

Way to blow something out of proportion... It's just an observation.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC

Starting a thread on an internet forum is like yelling something out in a crowded room full of people. If you walk into a room and blurt out something before listening a bit to hear what others are already talking about, then you pay the consequences if you yell out something everyone already knows.

Today's youth have been pampered and coddled to the point that they're under the false impression that everything they do or say is special. It is not special, especially on a forum of thousands, discussing products owned by millions. Apple is shipping at least 500,000 bumpers, probably more. If you think you're the ONLY person to get your bumper today, and feel compelled to yell about it in a room full of people, you got what you had coming.

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
Starting a thread on an internet forum is like yelling something out in a crowded room full of people. If you walk into a room and blurt out something before listening a bit to hear what others are already talking about, then you pay the consequences if you yell out something everyone already knows.

Today's youth have been pampered and coddled to the point that they're under the false impression that everything they do or say is special. It is not special, especially on a forum of thousands, discussing products owned by millions. Apple is shipping at least 500,000 bumpers, probably more. If you think you're the ONLY person to get your bumper today, and feel compelled to yell about it in a room full of people, you got what you had coming.

+1

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007

report.gif

Tazg101

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2010
Mine came today after initial quote of 5 months!! Great case for free and
Will keep till something better comes

parker770

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2010
Just got mine out of the mailbox too!!

That's one week on the dot from the day I ordered it from the app.

Considering all the bitching that was going on here about long delays, I am pretty damn impressed with that speed!

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

I <3 you. :D

I must honor these wise words in my signature.

Sharkzilla

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010

"today's youth" Give me a break. And your analogy sucks. Its absolutely nothing like it. And if you are tired of these threads then stop reading them and then whining about it.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009

+1

However, it is probably not just today's youth. I think today's Apple product buyer feels a need to share. (Notice I did not say....) They just want a hug:rolleyes:

The fact that they could have ordered better protection for free but choose a dust collecting bumper says allot about the type of individual, thus another bumper post.

"today's youth" Give me a break. And your analogy sucks. Its absolutely nothing like it. And if you are tired of these threads then stop reading them and then whining about it.

It would appear the truth hurts:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.