PDA

View Full Version : iPad Photo Editing - Without Creating Copies?

Scuby
Jul 30, 2010, 04:58 PM
I've just (finally) got the notification that my Camera Connection Kit is on its way, so been looking at photo apps for my iPad.

Got a free photo editor to try, and with photos synced from my PC found that i can't actually edit a photo. I can open it, and make changes, but it saves as a copy in the "saved" folder.

So easy question: are there any apps that can edit photos "in place", rather than having to save a copy? And particularly, can i edit photos saved from the CCK without making new copies? It's just that i can imagine it getting very messy if every edit leads to a copy in a different folder.

More difficult i suspect, but ideally i'd like an app that can browse all of my photos on the iPad, and make comments on them. I accept that at the minute i can't edit the metadata on the iPad, but maybe there's something which can keep my comments in a database, and associate them with the actual photo files via some software when i sync back to my PC?

Or, in the simplest form, can i rate (using stars, or whatever) photos saved via the CCK that will be synced back to the PC when i sync the new photos?

My understanding is that most of this isn't yet possible, but intrigued to know if i'm missing some good apps, or (from developers) if any of this is ever likely to be possible on the iPad? Even my iPod Nano with nothing but a clickwheel allows me to rate my music, so surely not that hard to allow the iPad to rate my new photos?

Cheers,

David