PDA

View Full Version : iTunes is GETTING ON MY NERVES!

atacinus
Nov 19, 2004, 04:54 PM
Okay, i don.t usually buy songs from iTMS...but i have a couple. I only have one computer, and only use them on that computer. EVERY other time i plug my iPod into the dock, i get the message that tells me some songs were not copied because the computer is not authorized to play them....no problem...i log into the store and authorize it. but then i NEVER deauthorize the computer, and the next time i plug the iPod in, it asks again! and sometimes it tells me when i go to authorize it that there was an error on the system...the ONLY way to fix this is to restart the computer and the re-authorize. It.s ridiculous...anyone know what is the matter? i tried the things i know, like fixing permissions et al....i.m clueless?!

Thanks,
Christien.

wrldwzrd89
Nov 19, 2004, 05:01 PM
Okay, i don.t usually buy songs from iTMS...but i have a couple. I only have one computer, and only use them on that computer. EVERY other time i plug my iPod into the dock, i get the message that tells me some songs were not copied because the computer is not authorized to play them....no problem...i log into the store and authorize it. but then i NEVER deauthorize the computer, and the next time i plug the iPod in, it asks again! and sometimes it tells me when i go to authorize it that there was an error on the system...the ONLY way to fix this is to restart the computer and the re-authorize. It.s ridiculous...anyone know what is the matter? i tried the things i know, like fixing permissions et al....i.m clueless?!

Thanks,
Christien.
The first thing I'd try is making sure that your iPod is up to date. An updater was released recently - run Software Update, grab and run that updater, and report back to us. Also, what's up with your apostrophes being replaced with periods? Your post looks VERY strange because of it.

nuclearwinter
Nov 19, 2004, 06:00 PM
Yeah, you should update the iPod anyway and if it still doesn't work, try trashing your iTunes .plist file.

atacinus
Nov 19, 2004, 06:34 PM
i did use the latest update....but where is the .plist?

Christien.

zen_state
Nov 19, 2004, 06:51 PM
/user/library/preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist

atomiton
Nov 19, 2004, 08:10 PM
hymn the songs.
convert them to normal AAC.

jasylonian
Nov 22, 2004, 11:19 PM
is this the same as having to authorize the songs after i update my ipod? i'll update my ipod, and then itunes will have issues with songs that i've already authorized, asking me to authorize them again. will this eventually use up all my authorizations?

wrldwzrd89
Nov 23, 2004, 04:41 AM
is this the same as having to authorize the songs after i update my ipod? i'll update my ipod, and then itunes will have issues with songs that i've already authorized, asking me to authorize them again. will this eventually use up all my authorizations?
Apple hasn't set a limit on authorizations or deauthorizations, as far as I am aware. That's why they put a Deauthorize computer option in iTunes.

broken_keyboard
Nov 23, 2004, 06:29 AM
Have you ever had two iTMS accounts? Maybe when you authorize your computer, the account you are authorizing it with is not the same one you bought the songs with, so it keeps asking over and over...