Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inimitablegeek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Alright, so I live about 5-10 minutes from Apple HQ on Infinite Loop. Today, I decided to visit and walk around with family so we could have the experience. We all got a chance to see Steve Jobs' car, so like the tourist-wannabes that we were, we took a million pictures by it.

Then the idea hit me. What if me and some friends sat on the "No Parking" area next to the disabled parking spot that Steve Jobs uses and waited until he went home or went out for lunch? For the purpose of just being able to meet him and get our Macs and iPods autographed, of course. :)

We all go to Homestead High School, the same high school Steve Jobs graduated from, and we are big fans of Steve Jobs and Apple in general, and we think it would be cool if we could just meet him [and get the autographs and pictures].

So what do you guys think? Is it a bad idea? Is it a good idea? Will he get really pissed off? Will he be amused of our idolizing of him? What time should we get out there? Which weekday should we go out there on? Are we just really stupid kids? Give us your thoughts, please. :apple:

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
I dont know. I dont think he would be very friendly with you, but i could be wrong.

May 8, 2008
I think he'd be pretty irritated. You'd most likely get kicked off the campus well before you had a chance to meet Steve, especially if you're planning on sitting beside his car in hopes of catching him.

ARF900

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2009
A MBP with a steve jobs autograph on the front would probably sell for a ton. (or a couple tons)

If you do this though make sure you post the story. (Although Im gonna predict you wont have the balls to do it)

inimitablegeek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
We sort of have a new idea. Instead of sitting by his car like complete stalkers, we were thinking of just sitting in the car or BJ's until he came out of the building, then we would walk down Infinite Loop and run into him(without pushing him down of course) or something.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Jobs is a human - just like you are. Stalking him is just as douchey and pathetic as stalking some girl you like. Don't do it.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Apple has security in white vehicles. They come when you park at a no parking zone for a few minutes. (Was a taxi)

Should have taken a photo of that when I was there but was too busy drooling.

And I have not heard of any Steve Jobs autographs in recent times.

inimitablegeek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Jobs is a human - just like you are. Stalking him is just as douchey and pathetic as stalking some girl you like. Don't do it.

Is Facebook/Tumblr stalking part of stalking "genre", because I've actually done that to a girl I liked, till I found out she was doing that to another guy and...yeah. :(

@Consultant - I saw one of them today drive past while we were walking across the parking lot. I waved at the guy driving and they waved back and smiled. Even the Apple parking security people are cool. :cool:

Ttownbeast

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
I can see this plan going horribly wrong....good luck removing the baton from your rectum.....I say go for it and post a video :D

wywern209

macrumors 65832
Sep 7, 2008
do you rly want to know?
lol. this should be interesting. I wager that you would get kicked out of the campus but i could be wrong. Steve has been known to have a temper or something like that. he fired a person after being an elevator w/ him. good luck though. AND POST PICS.

heesey1010

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2006
My friends actually did a similar thing, but with Dwight Howard...one of my friends somehow knew that after every game he'd stop by a Walgreens close to his house to pick up some Gatorade so they just waited in a car until he came out, "pretended" to run into him, and got pictures and autographs with him. It was, admittedly, creepy, but it worked (creepy especially because it was at like 12AM).

Anyway, I don't see what's the harm in a little bit of fun like that. I do agree that Jobs will probably not like you very much...but even if you do get arrested I'm sure the cops will be lenient...or at least laugh when you explain your reasoning.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Great way to piss him of. Guaranteed you'd be the first and LAST to be able to do such a thing, if security doesn't get to you first.

benflick

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Life is too short -- seriously. Try it and see what happens. Meeting Jobs would be a great experience. You will always wonder why you at least didn't try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.