Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whatshould3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
okay so almost three weeks ago i bought my first iMac, i was sceptical about a new one and so just decided to buy one. I bought the top end one.
so i did notice a bit of yellow tinge and soon discovered lots more have this issue also, i wanted a refund/replacement but i decided to wait and see if a new one came out, and a new one did.
so just before i called apple and they told me to ring this fixing company close to me to fix it, i dont think it can be fixed that easily. i asked if they could'nt fix it if i could get a refund/replacement he said it was possible.
i want a refund/replacement but i don't know how to go about it, should i call the people to fix it first?

please help me thank you. :apple:
ps. im in australia

R3DH3R0

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2010
Did you buy the machine through the Apple Online Store? And did you call Applecare to try to get this resolved? If you did I went through a similar situation. I had a new mac mini that had kernal panics every time I turned it on. I called Applecare they told me to bring it into a store, I told them I didn't want to drive 30 miles to get it fixed and if they could send me a new one. They said they couldn't. So I called back 3 times and finally spoke to someone who escalated the case for me and they replaced it for me.

I also had a friend who had the same problem and wanted to exchange an iMac. He skipped Applecare completely and just called the online store and they replaced it for him.

Btom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2009
okay so almost three weeks ago i bought my first iMac, i was sceptical about a new one and so just decided to buy one. I bought the top end one.
so i did notice a bit of yellow tinge and soon discovered lots more have this issue also, i wanted a refund/replacement but i decided to wait and see if a new one came out, and a new one did.
so just before i called apple and they told me to ring this fixing company close to me to fix it, i dont think it can be fixed that easily. i asked if they could'nt fix it if i could get a refund/replacement he said it was possible.
i want a refund/replacement but i don't know how to go about it, should i call the people to fix it first?

please help me thank you. :apple:
ps. im in australia

Watch out, after you go for repairs (usually panel replacement) you may close the whole unit replacement avenue.
Also, repairs are usually performed on the units failing during operation, not as a solution to poor manufacturing QC.

Tom B.

whatshould3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Did you buy the machine through the Apple Online Store? And did you call Applecare to try to get this resolved? If you did I went through a similar situation. I had a new mac mini that had kernal panics every time I turned it on. I called Applecare they told me to bring it into a store, I told them I didn't want to drive 30 miles to get it fixed and if they could send me a new one. They said they couldn't. So I called back 3 times and finally spoke to someone who escalated the case for me and they replaced it for me.

I also had a friend who had the same problem and wanted to exchange an iMac. He skipped Applecare completely and just called the online store and they replaced it for him.

thank you for your advice, yes i called applecare, but no i bought it from a authorised reseller.

""Watch out, after you go for repairs (usually panel replacement) you may close the whole unit replacement avenue.
Also, repairs are usually performed on the units failing during operation, not as a solution to poor manufacturing QC.

Tom B.""
yeah im hoping to get a refund or replacement.

whatshould3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
sorry for double post but:
for example say the people said they could fix it..
the thing is i dont want it fixed.. i want a refund or replacement but preferrably refund.
thanks for helping me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.