Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HynnaD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Just got my black iPhone 4 bumper and was wondering if anyones left it unopened and swapped it for a different colour at an apple store. And has anyone got any pictures of a black bumper on a black iPhone?

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

You can switch the bumper as long as you have the original packaging and a receipt, from what the Apple rep told me, when I had my first one. I ended up returning it though, because the first iP4 that I had wasn't very good.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Just got my black iPhone 4 bumper and was wondering if anyones left it unopened and swapped it for a different colour at an apple store. And has anyone got any pictures of a black bumper on a black iPhone?

I don't think you will be able to swap it out until after Sept 30th. None of the stores are carrying any bumpers, let alone the black.

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Mlrollin91 said:

I don't think you will be able to swap it out until after Sept 30th. None of the stores are carrying any bumpers, let alone the black.

Apple is not doing away with the bumpers. They will still be around after Sep. 30'th….

Rajani Isa

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2010
Rogue Valley, Oregon

Apple is not doing away with the bumpers. They will still be around after Sep. 30'th….

MLRollin' was saying that currently, the bumpers are not in stores.

And most likely will not be until AFTER the free giveaway is over.

Atenza6

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2009
Miami
I just got my red case today in the mail and as soon as I touched it I knew it was crap. It feels very cheap. The inside of the case had a lot of flash from the molding process which may possibly cause scratches. I have a phantomskinz back and side skin on my phone, so I decided to try it on and the case fit horribly.The phone didn't fit snuggly in the case, the phone will move if you press on the screen. It may be because of the skin but I wouldn't want to try putting a naked i4 in this case. I'm pretty sure it would've scratched my phone. I also tested the flash and it washed out the pics. So although this case looks really nice, the build quality is horrible. I'm getting my $8 back and I'm going to buy pollo tropical instead. Lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.