PDA

View Full Version : Burning Videos Over network

DickArmAndHarT
Nov 20, 2004, 05:42 PM
I have a powerbook and two ther PC wirelessly networked and i edit flims on the Powerbook. Im looking to burn those flims on a dvd which also the pb doesnt have a super drive one pc has a DVD burner. I know how to share filmes over the network (thanks to edesignu's sticky) and so can i set up a dvd in dvd stuio pro and burn it to the pcs dvd burner.
Dick

superbovine
Nov 20, 2004, 06:49 PM
I have a powerbook and two ther PC wirelessly networked and i edit flims on the Powerbook. Im looking to burn those flims on a dvd which also the pb doesnt have a super drive one pc has a DVD burner. I know how to share filmes over the network (thanks to edesignu's sticky) and so can i set up a dvd in dvd stuio pro and burn it to the pcs dvd burner.
Dick

yeah you can, but I don't recommend doing over a network unless you know it is stable. lets just say you wifi has some interference from perhaps another base station nearby on the same channel. bam your dvd-r is a coaster. I realize they are large files that you are burning. generally speaking gigabit ethernet is best for transfering large video files or using an firewire drive to move the data. granted though if you don't have PB with gigabit ethernet that idea is shot. btw you won't be able to transfer at a a gigabit only as fast as your hard drive can write data which is usually around 40-60mb/s unless you have a raid array.

daveL
Nov 20, 2004, 07:09 PM
I'd copy the video over the net to the PC locally, then burn and delete it off the disk. Burning over a network, particularly wireless, is asking for trouble.

Mechcozmo
Nov 20, 2004, 10:49 PM
Make the video into a disk image. See "iDVD Easter Egg" on Google for the details. Then transfer it to the PC. Then burn. Too much trouble any other way. Too many coasters at my house... they are great conversation pieces though.