Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
hey everyone,

i just got a new ipod photo, and i wanted to know if the apple case included scratches the ipod when you take it in and out. does anyone use the included case? does it scratch at all? also, because the photo ipod's are bigger than the regular ones, does it scratch even more, because it is tighter.

i hope you can help me with this.

thanks for your help,
ipaqman

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
I have used the Apple case for about 18 months, pretty much every day, with three different sizes of iPod (3G 15GB, 4G 40GB and now 60GB photo). I have not had any issues with scratching. That doesn't mean that if someone were to examine my iPod closely they would not find any evidence of scratching at all, just that I don't think it is worth any worry. In fact I just sold my oldest iPod and the new owner was surprised how new it looked.

The case can adapt easily to slight differences in thickness of iPod due to the flexibility built into the bend at the base of the case. Also, I would say that the case is very durable, stands up well to heavy use.

timsq

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2004
New Orleans
The case doesn't scratch unless stuff gets down in it and builds up on the sides. Keep the inside wiped out regularly and when you move it in and out the little hazy scratches won't show up. Also check out IceCreme® polish. It's great for the plastic, acrylic, and metal in the Apple world. I've been used the Timbuk2 iPod case with really good results. I mounts two diiferent ways and is very forgiving.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.