Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applekiwipeach

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
sorry if this topic is the same old to you... but I just can't help posting a new thread about it... :p

OK, I was speaking for it just a few days ago in a reply since I've had no problem with it... successful installation and tolerable minimum peeling of the frontal piece with a case on...

But seriously, the more I look at it, the longer I have it on, the more i grow sick of it... There's nothing defective about it. It's just SO UGLY! It makes the phone look like a fake toy. The orange skin that i've overlooked till now suddenly becomes intolerable! Under bright light, the skin reflects light like crazy, I can't see anything on my screen in certain angles.

I then looked into the life-time warranty, thinking to get a spare piece anyway before ditching it. Btw, I want to keep the back piece on since it'll be covered by a case anyway. So I asked if I could return just the frontal piece and get only that replaced, since the back piece is in perfect condition and no need to peel it off, and I don't need the solution. OK, I know I most likely will get a NO answer and was just trying my luck.

BUT I JUST HATE THE WAY THEY SAID NO TO ME!! They replied: "In regards to your email, when you request a replacement for a Maximum invisibleSHIELD, you will be sent a Maximum shield. You are welcome to only use the piece, or pieces you need. Make sure to return the equivalent of a Maximum shield to keep your warranty intact, though."

Duh~ but why can't I just get a straight-forward "NO"? the hack with the "maximum invisible shield equivalent" and "welcome to only use pieces you need"... That's not my question!! i won't even bother peeling off the back piece that's perfectly in shape and getting a spare copy... Just gonna get SGP that's raved by everybody and forget about the Zagg warranty.

Zagg is really OK... just not that tasteful in product and customer service STYLE... and OVERPRICED for the product quality and the impractical life-time warranty...

applekiwipeach

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
power support ftw!!!

Yes, I'm actually debating between PS and SGP... What advantages does PS have over SGP if I just want a frontal crystal clear piece? (of course anti-fingerprint would be nice, but i doubt any really gives that) I just want one that's more durable and makes the screen look the best.

I know PS has the cutout for the camera, but is $6 more expensive, and shipping is an additional $4 more expensive... How is it justified?

undercompensate

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2009
Dude they said yes in legalese. I've done the same replacing my side macbook pieces. Replace the front screen, but return the equivalent of one set (used or new) to them.

ie: (Your used set) = (their new set) = 1 sets
(You take off a front screen piece) = (You open their new front screen piece).
(You apply new front screen piece) = (You stick the old piece in return envelope)
(Remainder of your set is untouched) = (Remainder of replacement set is untouched)

Thus, you send back one complete set.

applekiwipeach

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Dude they said yes in legalese. I've done the same replacing my side macbook pieces. Replace the front screen, but return the equivalent of one set (used or new) to them.

ie: (Your used set) = (their new set) = 1 sets
(You take off a front screen piece) = (You open their new front screen piece).
(You apply new front screen piece) = (You stick the old piece in return envelope)
(Remainder of your set is untouched) = (Remainder of replacement set is untouched)

Thus, you send back one complete set.

Thanks, but I understand English. My question to them was, if I could send back only the frontal piece and get it replaced, because i don't want to peel off the back piece. The answer should be, No, if you don't send back the entire set, the warranty will not be intact. Instead, Zagg and you told me, "sure, you need to send back the whole set and feel free to use just one piece."

Sorry, I'm not a politician and can't appreciate this little twist.

applekiwipeach

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Yeah, but ..... we'll sell you one for 40% off! ... 50% off?

lol... didn't find this forum when I bought the Zagg... found a 25% off coupon and was already happy about it... :eek:

I later got a 50% coupon and got the Zagg Sparq battery charger. I'm happy with that product though. I feel it charges my phone faster and gives it better battery duration.

nyisles84

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
Thanks, but I understand English. My question to them was, if I could send back only the frontal piece and get it replaced, because i don't want to peel off the back piece. The answer should be, No, if you don't send back the entire set, the warranty will not be intact. Instead, Zagg and you told me, "sure, you need to send back the whole set and feel free to use just one piece."

Sorry, I'm not a politician and can't appreciate this little twist.

you dont have to peel off the back piece to return. just return the front you took off the new, unused back that they shipped you in the first place. Thats what i've done and it's been fine

applekiwipeach

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
you dont have to peel off the back piece to return. just return the front you took off the new, unused back that they shipped you in the first place. Thats what i've done and it's been fine

I used the back piece. I meant peeling it off the back of my iphone. Actually I just meant to ask if I can have a partial replace, and I think it's quite obviously not. It's all right. I didn't expect a yes anyway... I was just whining over how they didn't just say no... not a big deal.. i just didn't like how it looked anymore. Doesn't really have to do with warranty.

Roku66

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
I used the back piece. I meant peeling it off the back of my iphone. Actually I just meant to ask if I can have a partial replace, and I think it's quite obviously not. It's all right. I didn't expect a yes anyway... I was just whining over how they didn't just say no... not a big deal.. i just didn't like how it looked anymore. Doesn't really have to do with warranty.

Are you trolling lol?

They said that you can just replace the front and keep your back on. You don't have to peel it off. All you need to do is return your old front one and also the new back piece they send you. So you get a new front protector and get to keep your back protector on. Read it again. It was just a misunderstanding on your part.

carefreeninja

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
God. You really are dumb.

StuLax18

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2010
Dallas, TX
Derp de derp.

Get full new kit, only use the new front piece. Return old front piece with the rest of the new kit. Keep old back piece on phone.

applekiwipeach

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Are you trolling lol?

They said that you can just replace the front and keep your back on. You don't have to peel it off. All you need to do is return your old front one and also the new back piece they send you. So you get a new front protector and get to keep your back protector on. Read it again. It was just a misunderstanding on your part.

Now I get it, lol.. sorry guys... The ONE thing that I never knew was that I'd get the new set before sending back the old... i apologize again...

but still... gonna try some other brand :D really want a smooth screen

Jusfer

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2010
USA Intermountain West
The best about the IS are the not pre-cut side strips that you can cut yourself off existing spare material and apply over the metal sides to eliminate the death grip issue. The tackiness of the IS actually works in favor here as it makes the phone less slippery and less likely to glide out of your hand, and it preserves the cool slim metal look that the bumper destroys.
Just cut them wide enough (5.85mm is perfect) to cover the metal but not wider, to prevent the sides from not having contact and peeling off.

chanerz

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2010
difference between Crystal Film Set and the HD one?

which one is best for front-back?

what about brando ultra clear?

thanks

crystal set is a clear one and hd is the one with anti glare/anti finger print

Kabir8

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
LA
I too, am returning my Invisible Shield for my IP4,

I ordered a Power Support Crystal Set, and I think that will support me better.
The rear of my ZAGGs started to lift a little bit, and its only growing everyday.
It looks ugly now, and the smudges stick like crazy, its looking messy and thats not what I want my new phone to look like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.