Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OneTrueBob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
Atlanta, GA
It seems the Apple Store at Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta, and I assume else where, is advertising a sale on November 26th. (The Friday after Thanksgiving.) I asked the sales person at the door about the sale and he didn't have any details.

Does anyone have any idea about how estensive this sale is likely to be? I've only been a mac owner since July, so I really don't have any experience about what sales at Apple Stores are like. Perhaps someone could explain what sales have been like in past years.

Thanks,
Bob

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
If my memory serves correctly, this site and a posting for black friday last year (friday is the day after turkey day). so hold out some hope. I am sure the details will be leaked because they need a hook to get people in the store.

OneTrueBob said:
It seems the Apple Store at Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta, and I assume else where, is advertising a sale on November 26th. (The Friday after Thanksgiving.) I asked the sales person at the door about the sale and he didn't have any details.

Does anyone have any idea about how estensive this sale is likely to be? I've only been a mac owner since July, so I really don't have any experience about what sales at Apple Stores are like. Perhaps someone could explain what sales have been like in past years.

Thanks,
Bob

cmvsm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2004
Turkey Day Sale

I just bought a G5 this week. Do you think they will honor the promotional pricing like other retailers do? Knowing Apple, probably not, especially the witch that I dealt with at my local store, but maybe its worth a shot.

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
The last holiday sale I remember of was from two years ago, but I can't remember if it was after Thanksgiving or around Christmas. But anyways, my sister was able to buy her 2G iPod that was $399 regularly for about $360 that evening.

The other sale items I remember were the iMac G4s being $200 cheaper than usual, Creature Speakers going for $99 (when they were $129 at that time), and a few other things being cheap. And they were giving away a 15-inch iMac. It seems to affect only consumer items. So, if you're in the market for an iPod, iMac, or even an iBook, I'd try to wait around and see what they have on sale.

(I think it was a Christmas sale. You know, the one where we got free mouse pads by Rex Ray and some magnetic poetry things?)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I think that the sale last year after Thanksgiving was just on the iPod. It would be nice if they have the 10% sale. That type of thing seems to be reserved for a release party which occurred with Panther. Certainly hope that it will occur wit Tiger.

OneTrueBob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Well, I guess this is starting to become a bit of an obsession for me. There really aren't any details there, but here is a like to the announcement of the day after Thanksgiving sale on Apple's web site. Sale Announcement

Since someone was asking, I think from this posting we can discern that the sale will be both at the Apple retail stores and on the web site.

Also of note, is that it only mentions iPods and iMacs as gifts. Based on this and the earlier posts in this thread, I would guess that PowerBooks and PowerMacs will not be on sale. I guess we shall soon see.

Thanks everyone for the info so far. Right now I'm thinking about getting a maxed out 20" iMac to compliment my iBook. (Though I am from the PC world, and I'm a little concerned about future expandability, or lack there of.)

Bob

betsbillabong

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2004
iMac expandability

actually, i was surprised to see that the G5 iMac is quite expandable, which i believe makes it a great bargain. unfortunately, i can't find the link, but i believe there was a discussion in these forums on the topic. as i recall, almost everything was accessible which surprised me.

sorry for the vague posting - i'm late and don't have time to look it up - but you should be able to find something. apologies if i'm mistaken.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Hmmm, interesting... I guess I will have to drag my girlfriend to Lenox the day after Thanksgiving. :D

By the way, does anyone know if the sales can be used in conjunction with other offers, say a student discount? Just wondering. :rolleyes:

OneTrueBob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
Atlanta, GA
A little more speculation

OK, I guess this is getting a little crazy. I just recieved an e-mail from Apple announcing the sale on the 26th. It is basically the same think as the announcement link on Apple's web site that I posted earlier. However, I've been looking at the logo for the sale, and I think it might hold some clues about what items might be on sale.

Here's what I see:
  • An Airport Express.
  • An iPod.
  • Either an iTalk or an iTrip.
  • That funky round speaker that looks like a flying saucer and into which you can plug your iPod.
  • An iMac.
  • That funky desktop speaker by JBL that looks like a space ship out of the Lilo and Stich movie.
  • An iBook.
  • A digital camera.
  • Some monster stereo cables.

Anyone notice anything else? Am I going crazy for trying to figure this out? :eek:

neonart

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2002
Near a Mac since 1993.
I hope this is not just at Lenox. I'll be out of ATL and in NYC thay day. I was hoping to distract my wife (psst, look at that!) and then buy a U2 iPod.

------------

I find Apples price match policy funny.

Here is what it should say:

Perfect Price.
Don’t miss out. You’ll find all the best gift ideas at great prices, but if you’ve seen any Apple hardware or software at a better price elsewhere, we’ll match that price.*

* If you find a lower price at any Authorized Apple Retailer we will break their kneecaps and they will never see another Apple product on their shelves. The will be very sorry. Oh yeah, and we'll match the five bucks.

LimeLite

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2003
Los Angeles, Ca
bennetsaysargh said:
i wonder if you could then buy an itunes gift certificate :rolleyes:
probably not :(

happy shopping!

Of course you won't be able to buy an itunes gift certificate at a discount, for the same reason that you wouldn't be able to buy an apple store gift certificate at a discount. The discount is on the items you buy, not the way you pay for them. Gift certificates are ultimately like another form of currency.

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2002
Hmm... If I want to buy the FCP Production Suite ($1300), should I wait until the 26th, or should I use the $100 off coupon I got via email if I order by the 25th? Which would save me more?

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
jrv3034 said:
Hmm... If I want to buy the FCP Production Suite ($1300), should I wait until the 26th, or should I use the $100 off coupon I got via email if I order by the 25th? Which would save me more?

Hard to say. If rumors are true about the 10%, then the sale would save you $130 vs. the $100 coupon.

What if you purchase the software with the coupon, don't open it, then wait for the sale and see what deals they have. If it's better, return the s/w and buy at the lower price. Or see if they'll match it.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
deral said:
I'm planning the stores to shop on friday, what y'all think the sale hours for App Stores will be?

I think that they will just have normal business hours for a Friday. It would be nice if this sale would be on software also. I would be interested in purchasing Quicken 2005.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
Last year it was 10% off on all iPods and iPod accessories. The sale was also good at the online store as well. I assume it will probably be close to the same kind of deal this year. I don't believe anything else was on sale during the event last year other than iPods and accessories though.

Here's the thread from this forum about last year's sale.

Link

Jigglelicious

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2004
NYC
chameeeleon said:
Does this sale hold true online too? And can you use an educational discount on top of it?

If I remember correctly, last year they did NOT allow the use of both the sale price and an educational discount. It was either one or the other.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.