PDA

View Full Version : jailbroken 3G iphone decided it no longer wants to ring

Gmcube
Aug 2, 2010, 12:49 AM
Im not sure how long its been like this, I generally keep my phone muted, and when its not, I only get texts, not calls.

The sound works fine for everything else, even when selecting ring tones.

Yes, the hardware switch is unmuted, Im not that stupid.

Googling the problem hasn't helped much. I did read somewhere about resetting the settings, but that didn't work.

Some have suggested a restore, but even that doesn't seem to work for a lot of people. I don't want to restore if I don't have to. especially if it doesn't solve it in the first place.

If I do need to restore, I might need some refreshing on how and where to get the restore I need, as well as how to back up as much as I can. I've been out of the loop for a while, last I checked I was told not to upgrade as it was impossible to go back down if I wanted to. I think that has been overcome by now, yes? should I upgrade to IOS4?

Im on baseband 3.1 (7C144)

Gmcube
Aug 3, 2010, 02:34 AM
Anyone?

I'm wondering if I should just upgrade to iOS4 normally and use the jailbreakme site. Maybe that would fix my no ringing problem?

Is there any way to back up things such as MX tube's videos?

Gmcube
Aug 7, 2010, 02:37 AM
*Sigh*

Final bump. :confused:

Gmcube
Aug 8, 2010, 05:34 PM
Figured it out on my own. Turns out it was only not ringing when my mom would call from her phone. Looks like it was some kind of glitch where it doesn't ring if you have a custom ringtone, yet assigned the default one to it. Once I turned that off it works now.