PDA

View Full Version : Internet connection

matthew24
Nov 21, 2004, 01:32 PM
I got a weird 'problem'. I recently started to protect my wireless-router. I order to do this I had to enter the mac-adresses into the Firewall-part of my SMC modem/router. After I did this, it is no longer possible to go to the internet through the cable connection.

What is working:
Wireless (so I don't have a real problem :) )
My Powerbook does see my Powermac. (The shares are working, but ping doesn't work)

Does anybody have a clue? Just curious. Thanks.

wrldwzrd89
Nov 21, 2004, 02:15 PM
I got a weird 'problem'. I recently started to protect my wireless-router. I order to do this I had to enter the mac-adresses into the Firewall-part of my SMC modem/router. After I did this, it is no longer possible to go to the internet through the cable connection.

What is working:
Wireless (so I don't have a real problem :) )
My Powerbook does see my Powermac. (The shares are working, but ping doesn't work)

Does anybody have a clue? Just curious. Thanks.
Often times with routers you have to clone the MAC address of the first machine you connected to it in order for it to allow Internet access - it's one of those weird ISP things, and it's annoying. I did this for someone else a little while ago, and the Internet mysteriously started working again.

matthew24
Nov 22, 2004, 09:14 AM
Both computers are working, only the powerbook can access the internet through wireless. (Powermac uses cable and internet works)